Forums
Posted By: derekdwc downloading a video help - 18th Dec 2010 11:17am
Any suggestions on how to download a video off Youtube or wiki on to a pc and burn to cd or dvd to play on tv
thanks
Posted By: Anonymous Re: downloading a video help - 18th Dec 2010 11:26am
Firefox browser has a built in downloader for YouTube. Under the video you will see the option "Download As.." Choose 'mp4'.

its a start...
Posted By: Nigel Re: downloading a video help - 18th Dec 2010 1:17pm
Or there are stand alone programs to preform the required task, Failing that there are also dedicated websites such as Click here "Easy move converter" wherby you just enter the Youtube address and the website will automatically convert the file to a predefined format and provide you with a download link.
Posted By: stumpyduck Re: downloading a video help - 18th Dec 2010 2:21pm
search for alive youtube video converter
Posted By: derekdwc Re: downloading a video help - 18th Dec 2010 3:04pm
thanks for replies
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: downloading a video help - 18th Dec 2010 3:42pm
i have tried to do this a few times using different software and the videos always seem to end up being really rubbish quality
Posted By: bert1 Re: downloading a video help - 18th Dec 2010 3:59pm
I've got real player, which is free download version, this allows me to download You tube vids and many more direct to PC. within real player there is a converter that allows you to convert to different formats (i think). I've downloaded bits for my mate and though some won't play on expensive DVDs, they will on a cheap one he bought. Hope this helps.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: downloading a video help - 18th Dec 2010 5:18pm
Originally Posted by phalinmegob
i have tried to do this a few times using different software and the videos always seem to end up being really rubbish quality

YouTube compresses the clips so when you download them they are genrally crap in quality. I tend to add "HD" on to the end of the title to see if there is a better quality one to download. Failing that I just edit the quality the best I can.
Posted By: _Caps_ Re: downloading a video help - 18th Dec 2010 7:36pm
If your using firefox it can be done quickly and easily with an add on called download helper or video download helper, install it into firefox and you can download videos from a lot of websites, the qualitys enough most of the time sometimes its not but you should get a menu offering all the versions that are available.....flv files will suck so go for mp4 if available, you get the video you want at the end of the day.
Posted By: DavidB Re: downloading a video help - 18th Dec 2010 9:49pm
^^^
© Wirral-Wikiwirral