Forums
Posted By: fizzbomb120 windows updates - 15th Dec 2010 8:42am
Well they are here if you wish to up date them?? or wait for a few days for feed back. ;-)
Posted By: Nigel Re: windows updates - 15th Dec 2010 2:49pm
Most people have "Automatic Updates" turned on anyway, or should do!
Posted By: fizzbomb120 Re: windows updates - 16th Dec 2010 2:48pm
I don't work on my admin side of the pc Nigel. So i keep mine set to manual update and have to move over to admin to do them. a bit of a pain but safer. Just thought I let any one that does the same know ;-)
Posted By: MattLFC Re: windows updates - 16th Dec 2010 3:11pm
Originally Posted by Nigel
Most people have "Automatic Updates" turned on anyway, or should do!

As much as I love Microsoft, I really would'nt trust them to keep my PC updated, over the years they have released some horrendously flawwed and buggy updates (and that doesnt just apply to Microsoft - even at TopUp TV, when we have discovered major bugs in BETA builds to the point that we have recommended they should placed back into ALPHA status, only to been overruled and the bad builds been made public before they should have been, simply because some ponce in management who hasnt a clue about the software, has decided the build has a nice new featureset or similar which will appeal to customers). As a power user, who relies on a working OS, it's far simpler to let everyone else be guinea pigs for a few weeks prior to installing any updates (especially major updates) rather than letting Microsoft screw things up without you even knowing it lol.

For most users however, Windows Update should be set to automatic.

smile
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: windows updates - 16th Dec 2010 6:01pm
Windows Vista Updated yesterday and when i turned it on today it completely fooked up the registry (specifically 1325/Components) so for the time being updates are off since I've only just managed to restore it to yesterday.
Posted By: dan0h Re: windows updates - 16th Dec 2010 8:42pm
Originally Posted by Shadow_Omega
Windows Vista Updated yesterday and when i turned it on today it completely fooked up the registry (specifically 1325/Components) so for the time being updates are off since I've only just managed to restore it to yesterday.

Given a registry restore -> Go here: http://www.piriform.com and download "CCleaner", just let it do its registry thing, should tidy up the mess the restore usually makes.
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: windows updates - 16th Dec 2010 9:16pm
just given it a scrub and a installed the updates again and it's fine now.
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: windows updates - 16th Dec 2010 9:22pm
shadow can i pm u with a question plz
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: windows updates - 16th Dec 2010 9:29pm
if you want to then sure, go ahead.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral