Forums
Im thinking of ordering the Fuji Finepix S2800HD.

[Linked Image]

I was looking at the options of DSLR v Prosumer and I felt that while a DSLR would be nice with the ability to change lenses etc I couldnt justify the minimum £300 price tag and chances are I would only use it to less than 50% of its potential. So I opted for Prosumer, and after looking around I like the look of the S2800HD. Ive checked out reviews for it and it get 8.7/10 on reevoo.

I was wondering what others think of the camera. Its available in stores for £180, online its available for £154 delivered. Is this a decent deal for a 14.1 megapixel camera, or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks.
looks good, only downside is it runs on AA batteries not a nicad
My other half has a very similar Fuji, and exactly as Garygadge just said, the only downside is the AA batteries, it takes amazingly good pictures, they compare well to those from my Sigma SD14.

If you're buying it, buy yourself 8xAA rechargeable batteries and a charger - job done.
Which are the better batteries Ni-MH or Lithium?
Ni-MH is the way forwards smile
Lithium are better in many respects, higher capacity, lighter etc. But a lot more expensive.

I always get camera's with AA so can easily and cheaply replace the batteries and have loads of spare batteries floating around (Ni-Mh)
to be honest id recomend you spend as much as you can on a secondhand canon 400d or the like (nikon are also excellent), they are getting really cheap and ive seen them going for around the £200 mark.

When used in auto mode they give fantastic results in anyones hands. Dont be put off by all the wild n crazy features...youll probably never need them, whereas having the ability to buy various lenses in the future is a major bonus.

They really are simple to use

The battery life is fantastic giving around 400- 500 pics+ between charges too wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral