Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Retro games - 26th Oct 2010 4:08pm
love this everything from commodore to dreamcast and more

http://www.retroscene.co.uk/sega-consoles-accessories.asp

Posted By: Upasaka Re: Retro games - 2nd Dec 2010 1:32pm
Me too!
Got a good collection of old machines and fire them up regularly.
The old games are the best, a lot harder too :-)
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Retro games - 2nd Dec 2010 2:18pm
Heres my old commandos cocktail arcade machine which i converted to M.A.M.E & its running Galaxian turbo laugh

Going to build a new project arcade machine next year, i also had a stand up one which i converted a few years back, markee off here bought it off me and wont part with it, lol smile

[youtube]uNStHXiHgqk[/youtube]
Posted By: Upasaka Re: Retro games - 2nd Dec 2010 2:32pm
Sweet, man...
Never owned an arcade cabinet, mate, but not through lack of trying.
My idea of a home arcade, with cabinets right down the hallway, isn't the same idea as my wife's, lol!!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Retro games - 2nd Dec 2010 3:41pm
I remember in about 1991 Bright Spot in New Brighton chucked out their Star Wars cabinet (the sit down one), I remember seeing it in a skip outside. My mate nicked the speaker out of it.
Posted By: Upasaka Re: Retro games - 2nd Dec 2010 5:33pm
Used to love that cabinet, many a few bob spent on that one down in new Brighton arcade....
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Retro games - 2nd Dec 2010 5:43pm
Originally Posted by Belial_666
Used to love that cabinet, many a few bob spent on that one down in new Brighton arcade....

Yeah, tron too, i was always on that damn scramble! (gotta keep refueling jet and dodging stuff)
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Retro games - 3rd Dec 2010 11:01am
I've managed to get my hands on a Neo Geo AES with Metal Slug 1 & 2, King Of Fighters and Neo Turf Golf.
the cartridges used for this thing are HUGE (about 4 times the size of a SNES Cart, twice the thickness of the NES Cart) and they come with huge prices for the games (from £300 up to £1000) so with some documentation from MAME and MESS
i'm attempting to grab a cheap Neo Geo Cart, write up a ROM Loader in Z80 BASIC (since it uses both a Zilog Z80 And a Motorola 68000 as it's main CPU) then flash that program onto a new ROM Chip, and then modify the cart itself to allow usage of Flash Media and a USB Port to stream games directly from a Storage device or a PC.
Posted By: Upasaka Re: Retro games - 4th Dec 2010 1:03pm
Nice :-)
Only played neo geo through Mame on my original xbox.
Some good games.
Enjoyed neo turf.
Still play it on my neo pocket :-)
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Retro games - 4th Dec 2010 1:43pm
Funniest emulator i have is a playstation one on my iphone lol.

for the pc i have snes,nes,n64,megadrive,sega,neo-geo,atari,mame and colecovision smile
Posted By: Upasaka Re: Retro games - 4th Dec 2010 5:47pm
I got one on my dreamcast that plays mega, snes, nes etc :-)
Posted By: _Caps_ Re: Retro games - 19th Dec 2010 6:41pm
I could do with a dedicated emulator machine, portable would be best there is a machine that runs at least mame and snes but i cant remember what its called. Phone hasnt proved ideal for this.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral