Forums
Posted By: Mark Talk Talk - Broadband - 20th Oct 2010 4:28pm
Thankfully this isn't my provider but a member of the families and its been hassle from the start.

Taking up there offer of the £6.50 per month with phone line cheap calls (which is pretty good).

First - The Router your sent has 1 port on the back.
Yes its wireless but very limited options.
They dont support the port forwarding. (your games).

Second - They don't support redirect e-mails ??
I have say my mememem@wikiwirral e-mail account you cant send and receive that e-mail via talk talk.
So you can not configure outlook to resolve this.
You pinned down to there "e-mail" only. So be Very aware of that.

Customer service is "English"
Tech Support is very Indian - and they know very little and don't understand how to resolve many problems.

Personally Talk Talk's setup and service isnt for me.

Hope that helps anyone thinking of changing.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/talktalk/3842061-does-talk-talk-email-service-support-redirect.html
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Talk Talk - Broadband - 20th Oct 2010 4:48pm
I've had problems with talk-talk in the initial stages but once its up and running its a pretty good service and cheap!

I have no problems sending or receiving redirected emails through talk-talk, I run loads of different email addresses both receiving and sending. I am using Thunderbird for email, I seem to remember that outlook was a bit awkward to set up but I have not really used it on a regular basis for years.

I am surprised at the router, they normally have a 4 port 9not that anyone uses them), whilst talk-talk have custom software for the basic settings to be automated, on mine you can get past that and set anything you want on the router.
Posted By: Mark Re: Talk Talk - Broadband - 21st Oct 2010 2:57pm
The Send and Receive works strangley with sky.
but other providers wont work.

The Router has the advanced options for Port Forwarding,
but they offer no support for it.

A case of get on with it.

When i was asking there customer support how to. . .

HE was Googling the answer lol smack
Even then he couldn't help lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral