Forums
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Kezzbag's Knackered PC - 19th Oct 2010 11:00pm
Kezzbag's Computer has decided to stop working and when it boots up makes a constant beeping noise (usually BIOS gives out a number of beeps between 1-32) and it makes far more. i can't exactly pin down the culprit but I'm guessing it could be one of the following:
Corrupted OS start up files on HDD or HDD has broke
CPU Overheat
Connector Oxidation

System Spec's:
CPU:Intel Pentium IV at 2.93GHZ
GPU: Intel Integrated Graphics Accelerator
RAM: 512MB
Purchased: November 2005

Has anyone else encountered this? i never have. i don't really use IBM PC clones.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Kezzbag's Knackered PC - 19th Oct 2010 11:27pm
Come back Kezz n Starbuck!! We miss you on The Team! frown
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Kezzbag's Knackered PC - 19th Oct 2010 11:31pm
well Kezz is still working at cadburies and Starbuck is now in London with her new boyfriend in some area known as the Crystal Palace.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Kezzbag's Knackered PC - 19th Oct 2010 11:32pm
yeswe all miss you smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Kezzbag's Knackered PC - 19th Oct 2010 11:40pm
Pleased for Starbuck tho guess i wont be seeing her for tea and cakes with the Mayor, next year, as we thought! (volunteering awards, peeps). As for Kezz, lets get her sorted and back on board!!
Posted By: lansyp Re: Kezzbag's Knackered PC - 20th Oct 2010 6:58am
Are you sure you haven't got a sticking key on keyboard
Posted By: IanPenny Re: Kezzbag's Knackered PC - 20th Oct 2010 8:51am
I would say try booting without keyboard, if still does the beeps i would say open the case and reset the bios back to defaults and try again.

The fault wont be to do with OS on the hard disk as the beep test happens before the OS start is attempted.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Kezzbag's Knackered PC - 20th Oct 2010 9:08am
It's the memory, swap the modules smile
Posted By: brady Re: Kezzbag's Knackered PC - 21st Oct 2010 9:17am
Could be a number of things, graphics.....memory or cpu over heating....i build computers and i bellieve it to be graphics (usualy constant long bleeps)...memory(usualy constant bleeps)
is your fan still spinning on your cpu
take care
Posted By: Wheels Re: Kezzbag's Knackered PC - 21st Oct 2010 9:30am
Got one for sale in the For Sale section fir £55. Might be cheaper to just buy another than buy parts?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Kezzbag's Knackered PC - 21st Oct 2010 10:47am
Originally Posted by Wheels
Got one for sale in the For Sale section fir £55. Might be cheaper to just buy another than buy parts?

Is that to runn CCTV?
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Kezzbag's Knackered PC - 21st Oct 2010 11:12am
here's the strange thing. after leaving it overnight it was able to boot itself without any modification needed. I think this machine is just trying to play with me...and i'm not laughing.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Kezzbag's Knackered PC - 21st Oct 2010 11:40am
Shadow I've had that problem on numerous pc's and it's always turned out to be the memory, depends what you use it for, I used to do a lot of game modifying, video and audio editing which can be a strain on memory, you don't have a lot of memory in your machine either, it can still start now and then, take it apart and clean the dust out smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral