Forums
Posted By: Nomad Power supply died - 9th Oct 2010 12:59am
My power supply to my HP laptop , a DV6 decided to give up on life and retired its self.

Normally I would just go and buy another charger, but since the computer was brought brand new last March , (from a shop in Norway - bit awkward to take back) . I decided to claim under warranty.

Got through to the techs, via call centre in India, explained the problem and three days later a new one turned up in post.

saved me paying a small fortune from pc world.

Nomad
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Power supply died - 9th Oct 2010 1:05am
Wot u actually got an indian bloke called dave to sort u out lol
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Power supply died - 9th Oct 2010 1:06am
Ps happy birthday.
Posted By: Nomad Re: Power supply died - 9th Oct 2010 1:17am
After talking to some lady in "india" I was passed on to some tech bloke, explained the problem, and he agreed that is was a power suppply problem, as in mine did not work but another plugged in did.

Cheers for the HB, wiki claims that I am 44, I disagree but I am working on my maths degree. lol
Posted By: Nomad Re: Power supply died - 9th Oct 2010 1:18am
I am just to tight fisted / poor to buy one from pcworld

Nomad
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Power supply died - 9th Oct 2010 1:29am
Most things have a good length warranty these days. I wouldnt go to pc world for nowt its to dear.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Power supply died - 9th Oct 2010 2:09am
Happy birthday mate,
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Power supply died - 9th Oct 2010 2:44am
Woohoo 4 I have one 4 sale, check the 4 sale section laugh
Posted By: Nomad Re: Power supply died - 9th Oct 2010 8:24pm
Sorry ste, but got one under warranty, I did send a quick txt to DD to. see if he had one to spare

Nomad
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Power supply died - 9th Oct 2010 10:05pm
There's a shop in Liverpool I use (well off ebay) And they do replacement chargers for £13 delivered for most makes.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/whichlaptop

Only posted incase it comes in helpful in the future.
Posted By: Nomad Re: Power supply died - 11th Oct 2010 2:34pm
Cheers MrPhil

Despite not being able to use my laptop for five days because I was too tight fisted to buy another charger I neither the less manaked to survive and my world did not come crashing down.

Well that seems to be the thought of some younger people, I have had to deal with tears from other people because there computer has died and could I have a look at at. beer, money kebab and sex all on offer to do a quick job ( ok the last thing was not on offer but its my story)

I predate mobile phones and laptops and can survive with out them but try explaining that to a twenty year old!

Nomad
© Wirral-Wikiwirral