Forums
Posted By: DavidB Nokia N95 - White Screen - 31st Aug 2010 12:54pm
My N95 won't switch on!
It's charged up, when I switch it on, it does the vibrate thing,but straight to white screen. I can't even switch it off again. Does anyone have any ideas? greenbutton, * and 3 doesn't work.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Nokia N95 - White Screen - 31st Aug 2010 1:13pm
i guess its fooked fella!! battery out and try again??
Posted By: DavidB Re: Nokia N95 - White Screen - 31st Aug 2010 1:14pm
Yeah, I've even had the whole thing apart. It refuses to switch on, just a white screen. This is why I hate these vile little things.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Nokia N95 - White Screen - 31st Aug 2010 1:17pm
u could take it to bloke in birkenhead market!! avoid nokias in future!!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Nokia N95 - White Screen - 31st Aug 2010 1:48pm
Taken everything apart again, put it back together, and it works now.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Nokia N95 - White Screen - 31st Aug 2010 2:41pm
Good luck lol
Posted By: DavidB Re: Nokia N95 - White Screen - 31st Aug 2010 3:24pm
... and it doesn't work again. I'd prefer a brick with decent electronics to these things.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Nokia N95 - White Screen - 1st Sep 2010 9:14am
If it's just white screening it could be a fault either with the LCD (which is a fairly cheap rteplacement) or the slide itself (which might still be under warranty).
If you call into the Nokia shop (next to House of Frasier, use to be Beatties) they can see if it's still under warranty (many N95's still are) and the slide replacement will be free, just don't tell them you've taken it apart smile

If you get stuck just message me
Posted By: DavidB Re: Nokia N95 - White Screen - 1st Sep 2010 11:35am
I ordered two replacement screens as it went haywire last week, so don't think it's the screen. The phone doesn't function at all with the fault, you can't even turn it off. I've had the phone for a while, so warranty is long gone!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Nokia N95 - White Screen - 1st Sep 2010 11:58am
The crappy little flimsy connector to the screen doesn't hold the ribbon cable in properly and it moves when the keypad above is pressed, so this is why it's crashing. Had it apart and tested that, and it seems to be the reason.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral