Forums
Posted By: Shadow_Omega ITV Player Coming To PS3 - 26th Aug 2010 4:38pm
At Sony's GamesCom press briefing, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe chief executive Andrew House announced six new Catch Up TV channels for the PlayStation 3, including ITV in the UK. Today, ITV has detailed its deal to make the ITV Player service available on Sony's console by the end of this year.

The deal is the first of its kind with a commercial broadcaster in the UK, says ITV (the BBC's iPlayer service is already available on the PS3 and Nintendo's Wii), and will add the channel's catch-up service to Internet-connected PS3s. The service allows viewers to watch ITV shows up to 30 days after they have been broadcast.

The ITV Player will be free but funded by advertising, with "pre-, mid-, and post-roll video ads being sold and served by ITV," meaning ads may play before, after, and during shows. After the ITV Player launches for the PS3, owners of the console will be prompted with a software update, which will add an ITV Player icon to the TV section of the main menu, where the iPlayer service currently resides.

The Sony deal is part of ITV's broader plans for "multi-platform distribution," including "games consoles, TV- and mobile-based devices." The ITV Player, based at ITV.com, was first launched in 2007 and gives access to programmes on ITV1, as well as on digital channels ITV2, 3, 4, and CITV. At the time of writing, the ITV Player's most popular shows include Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Dinner Date, and The Jeremy Kyle Show.
Source
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: ITV Player Coming To PS3 - 26th Aug 2010 7:08pm
Do you need a tv license for this?
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: ITV Player Coming To PS3 - 26th Aug 2010 7:41pm
Yes
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: ITV Player Coming To PS3 - 26th Aug 2010 8:24pm
Originally Posted by stephen1972
Yes
Thought so!! Ta. My son having none of it coz hes twenty and KNOWS IT ALL raftl
Posted By: DavidB Re: ITV Player Coming To PS3 - 26th Aug 2010 8:30pm
Excellent! Now I can choose to avoid watching Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Dinner Date, and The Jeremy Kyle Show!

BBC4 IPlayer FTW!
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: ITV Player Coming To PS3 - 26th Aug 2010 8:43pm
Dont see the point watchin tv on a ps3
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: ITV Player Coming To PS3 - 26th Aug 2010 9:09pm
Forgive me if I'm wrong but can't you just bookmark the url of ITV player in the ps3's internet browser , and 4 on demand for that matter and view them that way?. I did it with Iplayer before I noticed the link to it in the TV menu.
Posted By: scoops Re: ITV Player Coming To PS3 - 26th Aug 2010 9:43pm
Well I don't know about the PS3,I don't have one, but on the Wii if you use iPlayer through the browser it's quite laggy. Using the iPlayer channel it very rarely glitches.
Hopefully ITV and channel 4 will follow the Beeb's lead and come up with their own Wii channels.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: ITV Player Coming To PS3 - 26th Aug 2010 10:14pm
Originally Posted by stephen1972
Dont see the point watchin tv on a ps3
Mr know it all has just moved and has no ariel. Has come into money. I sez 'get ya ariel'. He sez 'nah. If i get one al av to get a tele license'. Me-ya need one anyway!! Him "nah".
Posted By: scoops Re: ITV Player Coming To PS3 - 26th Aug 2010 10:26pm
Bloody kids wink
And when things go pear shaped who do they come running to? wink
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: ITV Player Coming To PS3 - 26th Aug 2010 10:56pm
If ya got a internet connection the u must have a pc? And sum good sites for tv and 1 very good 1 for live sport for free
Posted By: MrPhil Re: ITV Player Coming To PS3 - 26th Aug 2010 11:46pm
There is a site called www.tvcatchup.com which used to play via the ps3 but since this latest update it's just sound and no pic.

Works ok on PC/Laptop. Also iPhone aswell.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: ITV Player Coming To PS3 - 27th Aug 2010 12:07am
Does justin.tv work on ps3? They do and i phone app but tv on a phone or pc screen sux
Posted By: MrPhil Re: ITV Player Coming To PS3 - 27th Aug 2010 1:39am
Not sure, bbc player works still.

In some cases it's easier for people to use a Ps3 to get TV as there is no need for a good arial signal.

Posted By: polo_phil Re: ITV Player Coming To PS3 - 27th Aug 2010 8:30am
Virgin on Demand for the win
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ITV Player Coming To PS3 - 1st Sep 2010 7:38pm
you can view BBC iplayer, and C5 from the web and but c4 you've got to go to youtube for it, The ITV player however uses Microsoft's Silverlight at the mo, and most other tv uses flash 10,
where the ps3 still only uses flash 9 frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral