Forums
Posted By: ChrisNewcastle Gettin a web page to fit the screen - 15th Jun 2010 11:57pm
Working on a laptop is awkward at the best of times,but harder when the page does not fit the screen...do any wiki members know a simple way of resolving this problem please? I have googled it and the sites tell me what needs to be done,just not how to do it....also before I had to re-install windows (some will know what I'm on about) I had sound and now I don't any ideas on how to fix this also please? will I need to re-install my sound card??
Thanks guys happy
Posted By: Nighteyes Re: Gettin a web page to fit the screen - 15th Jun 2010 11:58pm
the sound problem its more than likely a driver problem you should be able to get one online somewhere
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gettin a web page to fit the screen - 16th Jun 2010 1:40am
Right click on your desktop and in the pop up window click on 'properties'. Under the setting tabs set you screen resolution to what best fits your monitor.
Posted By: ChrisNewcastle Re: Gettin a web page to fit the screen - 16th Jun 2010 2:47am
Thanks Paul and lady_lol I will try it now but will try Pauls idea first as that is the main problem as I still have a PC to work on but thanks lady_lol I will try that also cheers guys!! and thankyou!
Posted By: ChrisNewcastle Re: Gettin a web page to fit the screen - 16th Jun 2010 3:27am
now it has gone so small I can't read it to get it back from where I started from ?? any ideas on how to restore this???
Posted By: ChrisNewcastle Re: Gettin a web page to fit the screen - 16th Jun 2010 3:39am
????????? guys?? need your tech help x
Posted By: Mark Re: Gettin a web page to fit the screen - 16th Jun 2010 7:10am
In Internet explorer

View the page,

press the CTRL on the keyboard and use the scroll wheel on your mouse to zoom in and out.

If no mouse use the + and - on the Number lock pad.
Not the 1 to 0 above qwerty.

Hope that helps.
Posted By: Nighteyes Re: Gettin a web page to fit the screen - 16th Jun 2010 11:04am
or you could try swopping to large font but that might give you back the original problem
© Wirral-Wikiwirral