Forums
Posted By: pacef8 £10 orange deal wanted - 15th Jun 2010 7:18pm
Hi there everyone.
Hopefully someone who works in a phone shop or bought dirt cheap lately can help me.
My girlfriend is on orange and i am on virgin pay as you go spending less than £10 per month.
She wants me to go to orange so she can call me for free on her special number and likewise me ring her for free.
I also want to keep my old number which i believe you can do quite easily now. I rarely use it and do less than 50 text a month.
i dont need sat nav , email on the move, msn on the bus...camera image stabilization
So here is the wants
1.keep old number
2.Have a flip phone that is like my motorolo .......
3.Pay less or no more than £10 PER MONTH for 12 months.

Buying online is fine and if you think you can get more out of me !!! forget it !!

Please advise,
Thanks
Pace
Posted By: jemarc Re: £10 orange deal wanted - 15th Jun 2010 7:40pm
first of all does it have to be orange, because 02 do a simplicity plan for 10 per month you can keep your number and you get 300 mins to ring landlines and other networks and all 02 to 02 are free as are texts but you have to pay by direct debit. and you can buy a cheap phone from the 02 shop for between 10 and 15 pounds
Posted By: TheDr Re: £10 orange deal wanted - 15th Jun 2010 10:12pm
If you use your phone so rarely there's not much point in a contract, why not just get an Orange sim card, port your number over (call Virgin, ask for the PAC number, then call Orange and give it to them, takes about two days).

You get credit on the card for porting a number and your girlfriend gets to call you for free, you just use the phone you already have and are happy with, topping up when you need to, cheapest option all round (you might need to unlock your phone).

If you want a new phone, and £10 free credit, Tesco have the Samsung E1360B in at about £15 (including the free £10 when you register at simregister.co.uk).

If you're looking for a contract, just go to the Orange shop in the pyramids for a sim only deal.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: £10 orange deal wanted - 16th Jun 2010 10:37am
If memory serves me correctly Orange Sim only deals are around £15 a month for an 18 month contract.
Posted By: TheDr Re: £10 orange deal wanted - 16th Jun 2010 11:15am
Originally Posted by polo_phil
If memory serves me correctly Orange Sim only deals are around £15 a month for an 18 month contract.

Depends on the deal you want:

Canary 15 (£15) if taken as a month to month contract gives you 200mins and unlimited texts.
If you take an 18m you get 300min and unlimited texts

If you take the Canary 10 sim (£10) on an 18m contract you get 200min and unlimited texts

Racoon 15 (£15) is a month to month contract and gives you 300mins and 100texts

Everything else is £20 or above so over what you want to spend.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral