Forums
Posted By: bobi1 Is Norton 360 any good? - 29th May 2010 12:23am
comments welcome
Posted By: DavidB Re: Is Norton 360 any good? - 29th May 2010 8:31am
No, use Eset Nod32.

I couldn't actually remove 360 off my missus' computer. It just wouldn't remove itself. It also took about 25% of total resources while it was there.
Posted By: Neil_c Re: Is Norton 360 any good? - 29th May 2010 10:01am
It's resource hungry piece of shit.
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Is Norton 360 any good? - 29th May 2010 1:48pm
Sounds like I'm stuck with it till the renewal date. I must say my laptop was never that quick but it is running like a snail now frown
Posted By: TheDr Re: Is Norton 360 any good? - 29th May 2010 2:32pm
Norton actually do a piece of software to remove their own software, it's called Norton Removal Tool (NRT) do a search for it on Google and you can download/run the latest version (it changes every week as updates come through) and this clears Norton from your machine.

It IS a REALLY resource hungry program, but just make sure you don't have any other AV prog running at the same time as like two little children they will spend most of their time fighting with each other.
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Is Norton 360 any good? - 29th May 2010 2:49pm
I've only ever used Norton but I upgraded to Norton 360 as it promised to increase the speed of my laptop by automatically defragging it on a regular basis and removing cookies etc without me having to do it. It also said it would improve the start up time by delaying certain programmes when I switch on. It is actually slower with Norton 360 than without, I won't be renewing my subscription that's for sure thumbsdown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Is Norton 360 any good? - 29th May 2010 4:58pm
Nod, Kaspersky or F-Secure. Why pay money for anything less than the best? Norton has always been shit, and always will be - hence PC World try and bundle it with everything they sell.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Is Norton 360 any good? - 29th May 2010 5:01pm
Though I suppose in the grand scheme of things, there is actually worse... aka MaCrapee! So Norton isnt the worst, at least.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Is Norton 360 any good? - 29th May 2010 5:35pm
Norton was actually good in DOS, when if you needed it, you just did a virus scan. It wasn't lurking about in the memory. I remember defragging my PC everyday in work as it was 25 mb. laugh

You'll probably find all the good ones today will become bloated again in a few years, replaced by more streamlined versions!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Is Norton 360 any good? - 29th May 2010 5:49pm
Nod has been good for ~10 years, and has not become bloatware as yet, so your logic does not stand up im afraid.
Posted By: Nigel Re: Is Norton 360 any good? - 29th May 2010 7:50pm
I use Kaspersky internet security 2010, I seem to remember mentioning this in another thread hummmm.......As regards the freebies like AVG, whilst being "quite good" I remain of the opinion that you won't get much these days for free! Kaspersky internet security 2010 cost me £19.99 I think for a 3 user licence.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral