Forums
Posted By: OhYeah scanners - 17th May 2010 7:52pm
Many years ago a mate of mine had a scanner which enabled you to listen to all sorts of things including police and fire services etc. I know it all went digital some time back, my question is, is there a digital scanner which enables you to do the same thing??

Cheers
Posted By: MattLFC Re: scanners - 17th May 2010 7:55pm
I don't think there is because its probably encrypted nowadays - with it being digital, the encryption can be much much harder to break than old and basic analog encryption technologies.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: scanners - 17th May 2010 8:09pm
What I am surprised at is that nobody seems to have brought out a tetra/airwave detector - all the police have them and they transmit a digital signal nearly permanently. Should be able to detect a police presence up to quarter of a mile away with some very cheap kit.
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: scanners - 18th May 2010 3:52pm
Tetra is uncrackable even if you had a way of getting the keys to unlock the code the base station would know and shut the signal down.
You can buy tetra recievers but without the keys they are useless but saying that with a normal scanner you can still listen to interesting conversations like shop/pub watch:-)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral