Forums
Posted By: bobi1 Problem with email address - 4th May 2010 3:23pm
I have a Yahoo email account and since yesterday I have been sent 3 emails using my own email address (they look like phishing scams and obviously have nothing to do with my account). They have gone straight to my spam folder so there has been some sort of filtering going on for them to end up there. What am I supposed to do with them? I can't call them "not spam" cos then my inbox will get them all. Do I leave them, delete them, reclassify them? I'm stumped. Anyone else had the same thing happen to them?
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Problem with email address - 4th May 2010 3:33pm
ive had simialr emails from my mates email address, i belive its a virus on your PC which sends them out?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Problem with email address - 4th May 2010 3:35pm
Delete them, the spam filter is doing its job and doing it well from the looks of things. Why worry so much, its only spam?! What do you expect to have to do with them, use them in a cup of tea?

wink
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Problem with email address - 4th May 2010 3:48pm
Spam fritters maybe, cup of tea no smirk
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Problem with email address - 4th May 2010 3:51pm
Lmao laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Problem with email address - 4th May 2010 4:54pm
Click [Empty] next to where it says 'Spam'. Hey presto...deleted.
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Problem with email address - 4th May 2010 5:02pm
Dur thanks Paul. The only reason I was worried was if my genuine email address got "a bad reputation" if you like. And yes I know how to deal with spam, thanks muchly.
Posted By: ManxCat Re: Problem with email address - 4th May 2010 6:19pm
The same thing is happening to Hotmail users. We all get spam. Just don't give your email address out so freely. I have one account for personal stuff and one for anything else. If you end up getting loads of spam, just delete the account and start again.

I love spam but it's a bit salty cool
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Problem with email address - 4th May 2010 7:45pm
Best thing to do is stop using a computer to communicate with people and go back to pen, paper and envelopes.
Posted By: scoops Re: Problem with email address - 4th May 2010 9:33pm
I tried that before Snooze but I couldn't find a mailing address to reply to your post raftl raftl
You can reply to this post by writing your response on the back of a £5 note and sending it to : Scoops' post reply c/o PO Box 66666666666666666.7
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Problem with email address - 4th May 2010 10:01pm
Originally Posted by Snooze
Best thing to do is stop using a computer to communicate with people and go back to pen, paper and envelopes.

Try doing that with your bank.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Problem with email address - 5th May 2010 11:29am
scoops, i've replied to you by telegram
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Problem with email address - 5th May 2010 11:32am
Originally Posted by Snooze
scoops, i've replied to you by telegram
I've heard the "pony express" service works well 50% of the time - oops, I might be reported for advertising again wink raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Problem with email address - 5th May 2010 11:39am
I shall reply to that by pigeon DD
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Problem with email address - 5th May 2010 11:54am
Hope it doesn't fly past my arrow-mail.
Posted By: scoops Re: Problem with email address - 5th May 2010 12:01pm
I heard that the fire in Bromburgh was Snooze trying to post by sending smoke signals raftl raftl raftl
Posted By: Nigel Re: Problem with email address - 13th May 2010 9:32am
What do people think of the new Google mail platform that Virginmedia are slowly bringing in? Apparently they require you to change your email username to your full email address. Is this the only change or are there more? I cant find much detailed info on their website. Any one care to share the experiences they have had with this email platform?
Posted By: Nigel Re: Problem with email address - 13th May 2010 9:38am
Originally Posted by ManxCat
The same thing is happening to Hotmail users. We all get spam. Just don't give your email address out so freely. I have one account for personal stuff and one for anything else. If you end up getting loads of spam, just delete the account and start again.

I love spam but it's a bit salty cool

Best thing you can do is try to establish cause of spam, Have you posted your email address on a webpage? Page scanners can pick the email address up in this case. Is spyware or a virus present on you computer? Try a scan maybe use Lawasoft Adaware and make sure you scan your computer often with an internet security package. Keep windows update turned on.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral