Forums
Posted By: yoller Router problem - can anyone help? - 20th Feb 2010 10:08am
I have a Belkin G Plus Mimo wireless router which has suddenly gone wrong. It usually sends a wireless signal right round the house, but now you can only pick it up if you are close to the router. The light on the router that should glow green to show the internet is working is not on, but you can pick up the internet on a laptop if you are close to it. Can anyone help solve this?
Posted By: Wheels Re: Router problem - can anyone help? - 20th Feb 2010 10:27am
Static build up? Someone else near by intifearing with there router? Microwave oven on? Childs cott camera?

These are a few things that caused mine to do similar.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Router problem - can anyone help? - 20th Feb 2010 12:19pm
I wonder if someone else in your area is also picking up on your router? Maybe that's why you are getting a weak signal.

My knowledge, as you can tell, is limited on routers!
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: Router problem - can anyone help? - 20th Feb 2010 12:26pm
My neighbours has dropped by half
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Router problem - can anyone help? - 20th Feb 2010 12:59pm
Could be noise, I'd try a reset first.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Router problem - can anyone help? - 20th Feb 2010 1:05pm
Normally a reset sorts all. Start with the modem. Turn off at the plug and wait 30 seconds, turn back on. (check signals when modem is fully booted).

I had problem with static once, just uplugged all the cables (while off) and put them back in.

Also disconnect from your modem from the laptop and then reconnect.
Posted By: yoller Re: Router problem - can anyone help? - 20th Feb 2010 2:04pm
Thanks for all your helpful suggestions. I'll let you know how I get on.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Router problem - can anyone help? - 21st Feb 2010 2:35am
[Linked Image]

tease
Posted By: Mark Re: Router problem - can anyone help? - 21st Feb 2010 11:09am
change the channel number to 5 or 3 ?
Posted By: shar215 Re: Router problem - can anyone help? - 21st Feb 2010 6:34pm
i had the same problem phoned belkin and was told to change the channel to six ..works fine now
© Wirral-Wikiwirral