Forums
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Help with SSC Utility please - 7th Feb 2010 10:40am
I have Epsom C48 printer which today has come up with the message 'parts on your printer are up for service' (roughly speaking!). When I've checked Epsom support it says that this is because the ink pads are full and that they may be a fix available and to speak to service - yeah right! I googled and got SSC Utility (unlike me I didn't check for reviews) downloaded it. I can't seem to see that it does what I want and anyway it kept freezing.
I've gone to uninstall through Control Panel and it states that some parts need to be uninstalled manually. Done search, found files and deleted with the exception of 1 which is access denied and won't let me delete.
Have I fecked up big time????
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Help with SSC Utility please - 7th Feb 2010 11:01am
i have this installed and it worked fine for a few of my old printers..when the program originally opens choose your printer in the config settings and then close the program,it will sit in your system tray,then you can right click this and choose the option for protection counter - reset this.does not support all models though.worked fine for a few c20 and c42 printers i had sitting in the back room.you are supposed to open the printer up and clean the waste ink pads but the program asks you this so just click yes.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Help with SSC Utility please - 7th Feb 2010 5:40pm
That's reassuring to know that I've not downloaded a dodgy programme so that's good news. It keeps saying devide not found and TBH I'm knackered so will try it when I've a few more brain cells functioning.
Thanks
smile
Right!!
I've followed all the instructions for taking the pads out, washing them, drying them and putting it all back together and the effing thing still doesn't work.
Has anyone got any suggestions before I have to fork out for a new effin' printer frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral