Forums
Posted By: yoller Copying DVDs - 18th Jan 2010 8:45am
Does anyone know a simple way of making a copy of a DVD at home?
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Copying DVDs - 18th Jan 2010 9:39am
legall or illegal DVD's?
Posted By: yoller Re: Copying DVDs - 18th Jan 2010 10:04am
Legal. It's a DVD I made some time ago with home movies on it. I copied it from my camcorder tape using a DVD player which also records. But it was complicated and very time-consuming. I just wondered if there's a simple, quick way of making extra copies of the DVD?
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: Copying DVDs - 18th Jan 2010 10:40am
It can can only go as quick as your DVD burner allows.. have you got a copy of the DVD on your P.C?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Copying DVDs - 18th Jan 2010 10:50am
Assuming you have a DVD writer on your PC, the fastest way will be to get something like Nero or Alcahol 120% and rip an image of the DVD, and then burn off the image to other DVD's - this will take anywhere between 3 and 25 minutes dependent on the speed of the PC, the writer and the software being used.

This is assuming of course, the DVD's are as you say they are, not illegal, and you have not enabled copy protection in the DVD recorder settings; if either of these scenario's are true, there will be added steps to take, to get around the copy protection.

A television DVD Recorder will only record the source it see's, and can only do this at 1x speed, which is why it is so slow - there is no way to speed this up.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Copying DVDs - 18th Jan 2010 1:37pm
I use the free prog of DVD Decrypter (which also bypasses the protection) then Nero to burn to DVD.

Shimples!
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: Copying DVDs - 18th Jan 2010 2:36pm
Legal shmegal!! smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Copying DVDs - 18th Jan 2010 6:42pm
Whats (Alcahol 120%) like, any good????
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Copying DVDs - 18th Jan 2010 9:12pm
Its the bizness for ripping and mounting, ive used it for about 7 years now - all but negates the need for a CD-Rom drive. Well worth it mate, just get a warez version lol.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Copying DVDs - 18th Jan 2010 9:22pm
Nice one bud Will give it a go, happy i have used Nero for years Time for a change. smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral