Forums
Posted By: MattLFC I Broke My Uni!! - 29th Dec 2009 11:32am
Not good, I dropped it for the millionth time in the past month and screen is knackered now. Expansys want £150 for a new screen kit, going to have to get a faulty one or hope some China man on eBay sells em cheaper!

smack

Back to my trusty old K800 for a few weeks then!

Description: Damn!
Attached picture DSCF7734.JPG

Description: Noooooo! :-(
Attached picture DSCF7729.JPG
Posted By: Wheels Re: I Broke My Uni!! - 29th Dec 2009 11:36am
I feel your pain mate, ive still not fixed my laptop screen frown
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: I Broke My Uni!! - 29th Dec 2009 11:37am
Yep that's deffo Donald Ducked, Cream Crackered, it is an ex uni! wink

Posted By: Anonymous Re: I Broke My Uni!! - 29th Dec 2009 10:53pm
buttered fingers!
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: I Broke My Uni!! - 29th Dec 2009 11:18pm
mullered?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: I Broke My Uni!! - 30th Dec 2009 2:17pm
Took it to bits yesterday, was fiddly but all in all, easy enough once you realise how to do it. Took the screen and the digitizer out, all I need now is new ones. Going on eBay for about £80 so not too bad, from Hong Kong though so probably about a month delivery time lol.

Had it been practically any other smartphone, the screen would have been under £40, but cos its a high-res screen, and I guess a low-production unit, they sting you!!

It appears to still work too, you can just about make out the Windows loading screen when you turn it on and the change in colour when you try and make a call using the side buttons etc, and Microsoft Mobile Device Centre can see it and "interact" with it lol.

So long as I have it fixed for March though as thats when Alton Towers and the rest of them re-open, not too bothered, happy with the K800i lol.

Attached picture DSC00049.JPG
Posted By: kimpri Re: I Broke My Uni!! - 30th Dec 2009 4:03pm
£80,That is a good price Matt? smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: I Broke My Uni!! - 30th Dec 2009 5:07pm
It's not too bad, considering Expansys want £150 lol. I can probably get it for a bit less but that seems to be the rough price range im looking at. Ill order one in the new year.

I am considering the Xperia X2 however, but the prices are a touch too high at present (£600 on Expansys lol). Been looking at the X1 as well, which seems more acceptable at around the £250 mark. Both of them would suit my needs (Windows Mobile 6.5, high-res screen, full qwerty keyboard etc), but are not as good a form factor as the Universal, as its essentially a pocket-laptop and keyboard is quite simply, perfect - tis a crying shame it was so prohibitively expensive to both produce and buy as HTC never directly replaced it wth anything similar as it didnt sell well.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral