Forums
Posted By: 24424m Freeview Reminder - 25th Nov 2009 8:00pm
Reminder: Freeview needs re-tuning on 2nd December to retain Channel 5 reception.

Please pass this information on to any Liverpool fans who want to watch their team in Europe after Christmas! grin
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Freeview Reminder - 25th Nov 2009 8:33pm
Reminder: Freeview is shit.

Reminder to freeview: The next region scheduled for DSO, have a long hard think about how you are going to do it, and plan ad implement the changeover propely.

Obviously, 5 years planning time isnt enough, so maybe a decade or so would be enough?

smile
Posted By: 24424m Re: Freeview Reminder - 25th Nov 2009 8:43pm
Calm down mate - at least Everton are getting walloped at Hull eek

As a Tranmere Rovers fan, I'm used to the occasional disappointment, and over the years, have learnt to take it in my stride! cry
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Freeview Reminder - 27th Nov 2009 2:07pm
Why has it got to be done again?
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Freeview Reminder - 27th Nov 2009 2:09pm
i think to add new channels and swap to DVB T2 transmitting type or something along those lines
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Freeview Reminder - 27th Nov 2009 2:21pm
Oohh new channels! I likeee
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Freeview Reminder - 2nd Dec 2009 12:28am
...seems my freebox has just decided not wanting to play. After reinstall a few mins ago I've lost a whole bunch of channels but gained bbc wales and S4C!!
Posted By: starbuck75 Re: Freeview Reminder - 2nd Dec 2009 1:17am
Oh yeh, i'd better do mine in the morning.. totally forgot!
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Freeview Reminder - 2nd Dec 2009 4:54am
just retuning mine now
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Freeview Reminder - 2nd Dec 2009 8:59am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Reminder: Freeview is shit.

So, what do you recommend.
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Freeview Reminder - 2nd Dec 2009 9:07am
I have no channels frown
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Freeview Reminder - 2nd Dec 2009 9:17am
yerrrrr 153 channels found and 13 frequencies is that good better than none thre was a short in the wires smile

wow i got 2 channel 4,s lol
Posted By: Wheels Re: Freeview Reminder - 2nd Dec 2009 9:57am
Freeview ain't shit. I pay my tv licence for shitty BBC 1 and get the other channels for the price of a plastic box for £15! It's better than channels 1 to 5 so I'm not complaining. The only annoying thing Is the EPG not being 100%
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Freeview Reminder - 2nd Dec 2009 10:20am
yerrr we need a new box for upstairs were did you get yours from for £15 dude ???
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Freeview Reminder - 2nd Dec 2009 10:27am
plug your laptop into the tv, get it all free from here....

http://www.tvcatchup.com/watch.html?c=3

Registration needed. Great site tho.
Posted By: starbuck75 Re: Freeview Reminder - 2nd Dec 2009 11:22am
What are the new channels, i've not noticed anything different?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Freeview Reminder - 2nd Dec 2009 12:14pm
Im not saying tha channels are shit... im saying Freeview as a service is. The whole service is a waste of taxpayers money, the people who run it are a bunch of morons, it is badly organised and run, and the lack of standards is quite shocking.

I find it funny how Freesat gets a propietary EPG, that has had millions spent on it, yet the service that is aimed squarely at DSO, is still relying on manufacturer developed software, much of which is sub-standard and not really suitable for purpose...

Don't get me wrong, I still use Freeview (I sort of need to, to develop for TopUp TV lol).

You won't see any new channels, quite simply, because none have launched. They have just re-arranged the spectrum, yet again, for HD channels that 100% of the boxes in peoples homes cannot and will not be able to recieve (yeah, you are going to need to splash out a few hundred quid for 2 - 3 HD channels haha wtf) and so the government can sell off space on the spectrum to mobile phone companies and new technologies etc for BILLIONS to hep pay the national debt.

I personally feel sorry for the old people and people who are less techy and understanding of technology than ourselves - the government wonder why old people don't/didnt want to "switch" - I can see it from their point of view - the service worked perfectly fine before all the DSO crap, and the average person will not benefit from it.

And btw, once the DSO is finished in 2012, aunties's digital spending is being severely cut-back, so all these wonderful new BBC channels and programmes on the digital channels, aint going to be around for all that long.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Freeview Reminder - 2nd Dec 2009 2:34pm
Originally Posted by Robbo_theMan
yerrr we need a new box for upstairs were did you get yours from for £15 dude ???

As you are a Wallaserian you can pop into ASDA. They go for £14.97 (last time I looked).
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Freeview Reminder - 2nd Dec 2009 2:51pm
Anyone having issues... it took my box 3 seperate rescans to get the correct channels and frequencies. The first time they were all in the 800's, the second time I got all the channel numbers but the majority of channels were not working, and third time it appears to be correct (touch wood).

Ive got massive holes in my EPG lozenges... but expected that as im running the Topup TV 14 day EPG. Fortunately, all 5 PSB's are present and correct, so no need to revert to the shitty Freeview+ EPG.

Btw, anyone with a TUTV box who had planned recordings on channels that have changed, well you may find that they have become orphaned and you will not be able to view them, but they still exist and will contend with other recordings. The way to get around the contention is to wait for the recording to start, and it will fail instantly, thus allowing you to change the recording to the new channel.

This is a bug on the current public build which I discovered on the 4th November retune; as a result, the build we have in development right now addresses this bug as of the 18th of November, however the new build isnt likely to be public before next week at the earliest as we are just finalising a few things on it and sorting a couple of minor niggles. Any later than this, and it will be January thanks to the Christmas Freeview lockdown.
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Freeview Reminder - 2nd Dec 2009 3:24pm
No problems here, although did take a lot longer to find the channels

7 day epg actually works now, and is a lot faster
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Freeview Reminder - 2nd Dec 2009 3:49pm
Hmmm, just noticed that ITV2+1 is still listed as ITV. Remember, these morons are getting paid using OUR public money, and they can't even get a channel name right, after THREE attempts at it!!

Guess what... when they eventually can be arsed to fix it - yep you guessed, it, your going to need to rescan yet again to correct it.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Freeview Reminder - 2nd Dec 2009 4:07pm
Did you retune and have you tried more than once? What is the model number of the TV?
Posted By: davew3 Re: Freeview Reminder - 3rd Dec 2009 9:46am
All my digy boxes are now working including my Humax 9300t which was giving problems with the usual BBC1W,I did a manual tune on the top channels 70 down to 61 and when I had BBC1 on channel 1,I did an auto tune and that filled in the rest,can't find what the Winter Hill channels are for this area as it would help in doing a non auto retune.
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Freeview Reminder - 3rd Dec 2009 2:26pm
rescanned yesterday with the ps3 play Tv. got all cthe channels i usually have and use. no problems atm.
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Freeview Reminder - 3rd Dec 2009 2:44pm
our telly went off at 12:10am, when we retuned the next morning we had more channels than before the switch-over, its great.
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Freeview Reminder - 3rd Dec 2009 3:52pm
just rescanned again and found it missed a few when i did it yesterday.

maybe a problem with my box? who knows
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Freeview Reminder - 3rd Dec 2009 6:36pm
Originally Posted by davew3
All my digy boxes are now working including my Humax 9300t which was giving problems with the usual BBC1W,I did a manual tune on the top channels 70 down to 61 and when I had BBC1 on channel 1,I did an auto tune and that filled in the rest,can't find what the Winter Hill channels are for this area as it would help in doing a non auto retune.

Hi I have a Humax PVR9200T. I had problems during switch over too. It seems ok now. I manually retuned it all yesterday to get rid of all the welsh stuff you get when you auto tune.

The Winter hill Multiplexes are on Channels 59,58,61,55 and apparently 65. I found that 65 did not work for me but I found the missing channels (BBC mux) on 62. That may be because I atchely receive tv from the relay on Caldy hill not Winter hill itself.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Freeview Reminder - 4th Dec 2009 12:32pm
Thanks Kevin will do a reboot on the 9300t and try it out
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Freeview Reminder - 4th Dec 2009 8:55pm

Sorry I forgot to mention yesterday. Before you retune the box manually you need to delete all the radio and tv channels first!. idiot
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Freeview Reminder - 4th Dec 2009 10:13pm
Originally Posted by KevinFinity

Sorry I forgot to mention yesterday. Before you retune the box manually you need to delete all the radio and tv channels first!. idiot

I didn't and mine had loaded fine. whistle
Posted By: purfek Re: Freeview Reminder - 4th Dec 2009 11:36pm
LNC/ mUX
[Linked Image]
Posted By: purfek Re: Freeview Reminder - 4th Dec 2009 11:38pm
here is a reference link for the Mux chanels by name and Logical Chanel Number
Now look up what chanels the Mux is relaited to here click

Example
Mux 1
old RF chanel Number 62
will bring up the following chanel group
see link above