Forums
Posted By: chris_gilly graphics question! - 16th Nov 2009 5:17pm
hey everybody, just after a bit of advice,
if i use a graphics card on my pc with the yellow video out thingy, (like on scart leads) and get a lead and plug it into a telly will it work? will the display come up on the telly or will i have to do something else?

cheers
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: graphics question! - 16th Nov 2009 5:18pm
You will need the drivers for the graphics card, but other than that, it should work, no problems

You will have to change the TV input source to get it to display.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: graphics question! - 16th Nov 2009 5:23pm
Great smile
ive got a graphics card with it out but its AGP, my decent PC doesnt have AGP on the mainboard frown will have to look for a PCI one.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: graphics question! - 16th Nov 2009 6:23pm
You need a video capture card to view the telly on ya computer (or to record). For instance I have a Winfast VC100 XP. It uses the s-video connectors.

Any driver can always be found on the net.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: graphics question! - 16th Nov 2009 6:30pm
noooo, i mean the other way round, i want to view my PC on the TV through one of those yellow bullet like connectors that you usually get on TV's scart leads etc smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: graphics question! - 16th Nov 2009 6:31pm
you wanna see ya desktop on ya telly?
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: graphics question! - 16th Nov 2009 6:54pm
spot on wink
Posted By: SilentReader Re: graphics question! - 16th Nov 2009 7:35pm
Provided your TV has a component port same as the graphics it’ll work fine, if your going to get a new card most likely it’ll have svideo port on it and most likely if the tv isn’t to old that should have svideo on it to. You get a few options with 2 out puts either clone your desktop or split it so you can keep the desktop on the monitor and then you can drag media player on to the second to watch movies.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: graphics question! - 16th Nov 2009 7:35pm
If you have an NVIDIA card it should work out the box.. IF you goto your property settings for the NVIDIA card there should be an option to switch this option on and all you do is connect it to your pc as you would a DVD player and if you have the right connections.. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: graphics question! - 16th Nov 2009 7:51pm
The yellow phono connection on your Graphics card (tvout) connect to a yellow RCA phono. The three phono leads then connect to the adaptor. (black RCA in this example goes into the white connection)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You need to go to properties on your desktop, go to settings then advanced. Look for you graphics card and find the display/tv out etc, something like that and turn the tv out on. You will lose the desktop picture you get about 10 seconds to keep the settings etc
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: graphics question! - 16th Nov 2009 7:52pm
great cheers all smile
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: graphics question! - 16th Nov 2009 10:17pm
got it working on an old PC of mine with AGP port and my nvidia but i really want a PCI card with tv out!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: graphics question! - 17th Nov 2009 12:46pm
Cheap video cards with composite outputs can be found on eBay smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral