Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Windows Mobile 6.5 Released - 6th Oct 2009 5:17pm
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by BBC News
Mobiles sporting the latest release of the Windows Mobile operating system are now available for sale worldwide. Microsoft is also formally launching its application store, known as Windows Marketplace for Mobile.

While the service will launch with about 60 applications available in the UK, Microsoft's Alex Reeve said that number will soon rise sharply. Windows-run phones can also make use of the My Phone service, a synchronisation service managed "in the cloud".
The new operating system and the application store were first announced in February, when a "beta" testing version of the My Phone service also launched. Tuesday's announcement sees a full integration of handsets incorporating the new OS with access to the store and backup service.

Microsoft has partnered with major network operators T-Mobile, O2, Vodafone and Orange in the UK, as well as with Carphone Warehouse and Phones4U to distribute handsets made by a wide range of manufacturers.

Ive been running a hybrid ROM of Windows Mobile 6.1 and Windows Mobile 6.5 BETA on my HTC Universal and it has proven very very stable.

Unsure if I will go to the full version of 6.5, it looks like it has some nice features, but will most likely wait till 7 is released next year. The interface of 7 looks totally different compared to all previous incarnations though, a lot more modern, which im not sure if I like but I guess it would grow on me over time.

I did'nt even realise Windows Mobile had a market share of 9%, thats pretty darn big tbh!

BBC News Report
Posted By: aceritz Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Released - 16th Oct 2009 11:17pm
talking about this mobile windows stuff, were would someone looking not to pay for tom tom 7 or such like services on said mobile platform look
© Wirral-Wikiwirral