Forums
Posted By: buddy Roxio Creator and MyDVD 9.0DE - 16th Sep 2009 7:13pm
Had the above installed on my vista pc for nearly 2 years and its worked perfectly - however today when I clicked on the desktop icon no response - tried to open it in windows explorer no response - deleted it and reinstalled it still no response
Any ideas?? if so idiots guide please as I've mentioned before I'm not very computer literate

Thanks in advance

Buddy
Posted By: daveybm Re: Roxio Creator and MyDVD 9.0DE - 19th Sep 2009 11:14am
I have also had this problem only with WinXP, normally what happens is that some "clean up" program runs and deletes some stuff that Roxio puts in a temporary folder. When you uninstall Roxio you have to uninstall everything to do with it in your control panel / add & remove programs (14 entries in XP), then search your computer for Roxio and delete anything you find, it should then reinstall and work OK, I've seen this in various posts across the internet and Roxio blames Norton Clean Up or whatever, they should fix there program so that it installs everything in permanent folders.
Hope this helps.

Dave
Posted By: buddy Re: Roxio Creator and MyDVD 9.0DE - 21st Sep 2009 10:43am
Thanks for replying Dave but gave my pc to a friend who was able to fix problem for me - don't know what he did but its OK now!!!
Thanks again
John
© Wirral-Wikiwirral