Forums
Everytime I try to take a pic of a framed picture/photo I seem to get a sun from flash

I just got these
If anyone is interested in some Liverpool pics PM me and tell you where to go

Description: Charing Cross
Attached picture charing cross resized.jpg

Description: carriages in Victoria rd
Attached picture nb1 resized.jpg
Attached picture nb2 resized.jpg

Description: prom
Attached picture nb4 resized.jpg
Keep moving the lense around s l o w til the flashback disappears- this works for me wiv a camera phone-dont know bout a 'proper' camera tho
Switch the flash off!
we do digital copy work, for the council and others,
1. As Dig says turn the flash off
2. remove the glass from the frame
3. get a polariser filter to reduce glare (slr only)
4. square on with a rostrum camera
5. good even light all around (non directional)

I think this what you are asking rather than asking where to go for old liverpool photos.

Finally merseytravel should get a ferry back from than peeing in the wind with museum and beatle tat ideas.

Hope this helps
pace
thanks DD all I usually do is set to auto and press button
Didn't realise flash was set to come on thought it was just when it was darkish
I'll have to read the manual
There's more to this photography thingy than I thought

ps
My great great great great grandfathers' brother set up the first 12 photography shops for Fox Talbot the inventor of present day photography
Originally Posted by derekdwc
ps
My great great great great grandfathers' brother set up the first 12 photography shops for Fox Talbot the inventor of present day photography

Shows that not all things run in the family then wink

Your pictures normally look ok, so I thought you were photo-fluent, my comment above was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek.

Its handy to be able to take a picture without flash, especially when you don't wan't to give your presence away whistle
I find that just scanning framed pictures works OK. You don't need to close the lid either.
If you actually have the pics, you may as well take them out and scan them (if they are not sealed frames, that is).

If you take the picture with a camera, disable the flash and use a tripod or something to steady the camera. Unfortunately you will probably get traces of tht reflections of the camera and yourself in the picture.
Although it won't eliminate the flash "sun", a polarising filter will remove glass reflections in ordinary light. Make sure it's a "circular polarising" one though; a linear one can screw up your auto focus (or auto exposure, can't remember which). This filter can also make a great difference to the intensity of a blue sky & eliminates reflections from water.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral