Forums
Posted By: bert1 Music cd - 25th Mar 2009 6:06am
I have a cd consisting of every recording ever made by the most popular group ever. The problem is it only plays on windows 95. The disc, when played in 95 opens like a duke box with indexes, song and LP titles and a easy to find system to choose records you want to listen to. I did once have it transferred to a disc that plays in XP, but only the songs and no titles or indexes and it is impossible to find a particular song with ease. Is there anyone who can transfer it to XP like for like, your reward, make as many copies as you like. Thank you.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Music cd - 25th Mar 2009 8:37am
Sorry Jukebox
Posted By: little_pob Re: Music cd - 25th Mar 2009 9:27am
Have you tried the original disc in the XP machine and running compatibility mode?

1. Put disc in drive and close.
  2. Cancel any autorun dialogue (unless explore drive is an option in which case select this and skip step 3).
  3. Go to My computer and explore the CD drive.
  4. Find the autorun.inf file and open it with notepad/wordpad.
  5. The autorun file should give you a file name that it calls on (e.g. autorun.exe, setup.exe, start.exe etc).
  6. Locate this file on the CD and right click on it.
  7. Go to properties.
  8. On the compatibility tab use the drop down menu to select Windows 95.
  9. Make sure the 'run this program in compatibility mode for' check box is ticked, and click apply.

The file should now run in compatibility mode each time you put the disc in.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Music cd - 25th Mar 2009 10:31am
Is this that bootleg that was released by fans who were pissed off because Apple couldn't get their arses into gear and release anything?
Posted By: bert1 Re: Music cd - 25th Mar 2009 2:19pm
Thanks pob I'll try that and see how i get on.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Music cd - 25th Mar 2009 2:23pm
Originally Posted by Station
Is this that bootleg that was released by fans who were pissed off because Apple couldn't get their arses into gear and release anything?

Not sure it came from USA about 1996.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Music cd - 25th Mar 2009 2:55pm
Originally Posted by little_pob
Have you tried the original disc in the XP machine and running compatibility mode?

1. Put disc in drive and close.
  2. Cancel any autorun dialogue (unless explore drive is an option in which case select this and skip step 3).
  3. Go to My computer and explore the CD drive.
  4. Find the autorun.inf file and open it with notepad/wordpad.
  5. The autorun file should give you a file name that it calls on (e.g. autorun.exe, setup.exe, start.exe etc).
  6. Locate this file on the CD and right click on it.
  7. Go to properties.
  8. On the compatibility tab use the drop down menu to select Windows 95.
  9. Make sure the 'run this program in compatibility mode for' check box is ticked, and click apply.

The file should now run in compatibility mode each time you put the disc in.

Tried that Pob, what happened was, main title of production company and this disc will only play in 95 came up. sort of froze even when removing disc, only way out was ctrl alt delete to get back to any response.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Music cd - 25th Mar 2009 6:56pm
Thanks to Derekdwc i have made great progress with this problem.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral