Forums
Posted By: Anonymous WARNING FACEBOOK HACKER & VIRUS ALERT!!! - 17th Feb 2009 8:45pm
just got this e-mail. thought i would post it for them who are on facebook.

IF SOMEONE NAMED RICHARD PEEL OR ASHLEY MARC JAMES SENDS YOU A FRIEND REQUEST FOR FACEBOOK PLEASE DO NOT ACCEPT IT, ONE IS A HACKER AND THE OTHER IS A VIRUS THAT KILLS YOUR HARD DRIVE. FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE ON YOUR FRIEND LIST BECAUSE IF ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS ADDS EITHER OF THESE PEOPLE THEY WILL BE ABLE TO HACK AND INFECT EVERYONE ON THAT FRIEND LIST - INCLUDING YOU.
Posted By: scoops Re: WARNING FACEBOOK HACKER & VIRUS ALERT!!! - 17th Feb 2009 11:40pm
I dunno Jase, it looks like one of those pointless scary chainmails to me.
It seems a bit unlikely that you could be hacked or infected without downloading/installing software or adding a bad widget to your page.
But I suppose it's better safe than sorry.

Maybe they just want Richard and Ashley to be lonely?
Posted By: SoundLad Re: WARNING FACEBOOK HACKER & VIRUS ALERT!!! - 17th Feb 2009 11:43pm
that is a chain mail.. They need your IP address to do anything.. How do they get that through facebook?? Unless peeps are stupid enough to except an application request that they have created then theres that but why would you except something that you wouldnt know. But anyhoo it could be real so peeps take it as face value and remember to check before the click happy

happy thanks jase smile
Posted By: uggla Re: WARNING FACEBOOK HACKER & VIRUS ALERT!!! - 18th Feb 2009 8:09am
on my facebook half the people i really dont have a clue who they are lol.
Posted By: chrissie77 Re: WARNING FACEBOOK HACKER & VIRUS ALERT!!! - 18th Feb 2009 9:46am
on my facebook, if some add me as a friends ( who live from abroads) and i always delate them if i don't know them
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: WARNING FACEBOOK HACKER & VIRUS ALERT!!! - 18th Feb 2009 10:18am
That's probably the best thing to do
© Wirral-Wikiwirral