Forums
Posted By: Waddi BB speed based on distnace from the exchange - 18th Jan 2009 1:32pm
Click here

just type in your postcode or phone number and click check now
Its been like that for a while mate

I believe it goes on the longer the line from the exchange to your home, the more resistance there is

hence the lower speeds if you are further away

also depends on whether or not the exchange has been upgraded to take the faster services available - which i believe most have not yet
Also I have just checked my own postcode, and it says that i can only recieve up to 5MB/s

When in reality I am paying for O2's 8MB service, and at last check I am recieving 6.5MB/s

Seems the site needs updating. But still a very handy tool
Posted By: Wheels Re: BB speed based on distnace from the exchange - 19th Jan 2009 6:19pm
We estimate your maximum download speed to be 6.5 Mbps (Megabits per second).

I pay for 8MB's
they always put "up to" before the Mbps so they could charge for 8 and you could only get 1 thats why the Gadget show where (don't know if they still r)campaigning for them to chnage the wording and be more accurate
Im not too fussed that I'm not recieving the full 8MB/s

I only pay £7.34 a month for it
Posted By: Rhobit Re: BB speed based on distnace from the exchange - 26th Jan 2009 9:52pm
Originally Posted by smiler123
they always put "up to" before the Mbps so they could charge for 8 and you could only get 1 thats why the Gadget show where (don't know if they still r)campaigning for them to chnage the wording and be more accurate

Problem is how they market that, you can't really sell somebody a 6.38 Mb package eh?

Personally I can't stand adsl.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral