Forums
Posted By: SoundLad Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 4th Dec 2008 11:33pm
Right Virgin Media has just been given the blatant 2 fingers from me cause ive been on £90 a month XL package cause i got a cheap deal (well basically it was £20.95 off my bill every month for life but what ive realised is i dont even watch tv anymore nor stay online for 24hours IRCing (Internet Relay Chat) and downloading movies and wot nots so i decided to downgrade my package and the woman on the end was like are you in a contract etc i was like as far as i know the contract finished months ago and i want to downgrade to a cheaper package she wouldnt do it.. So i put the phone down and phoned again and the second person downgraded it for me and so on... So i am know on the basic M package cause i dont use the mother of all broadband and the TV cause its just a waste of money.. So a Credit Crunch tip if you do not use TV or Broadband as much as you used to and still paying extortion rates for your services downgrade it if you aint in a contract to the Basic M package on everything thats about £30 a month (or £35 if not DD) and you'll save a packet happy
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 4th Dec 2008 11:37pm
You sound like your viewing habits are similar to mine, get rid, and get the cheapest broadband you can (use o2's price to bargain with them) and then get a Freeview PVR.

They are doing the TUTV 250GB's in Tesco for £79 atm.

smile
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 4th Dec 2008 11:58pm
aye thinking bout changing providers but i like my phone number as it ends in 7989 lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 5th Dec 2008 12:02am
Haha, well no reason to move away from Virgin, BT will only try and arse rape every last penny out of you anyway. Just keep their phone and net, both are reasonably good (even if the phone is a little expensive to use, BT's standard £125 connection charge makes up for that).

If you were to change, you should be able to take the number with you iirc?

Get a Freeview PVR, and you never need pay a TV bill again, until you feel you will get value from one. Well come to think about it, a cheap Freeview box is just as good if you dont need the PVR side of things lol.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 5th Dec 2008 12:06am
Ive still got an old Pace on digi box LOL smile but it lacks the red button frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 5th Dec 2008 12:07am
It's proabably better for it, red button is crap on Freeview lol.
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 5th Dec 2008 4:32am
lol. i have given Virgin the 2 fingers too

now they are trying to bill me for the equipment. they can shove that too
Posted By: Rhobit Re: Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 5th Dec 2008 2:30pm
Numbers are portable between BT/Virgin and Vice-a-Versa.

What happens when you try and press redbutton soundlad? And can you access interactive/on demand?
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 5th Dec 2008 8:32pm
Well i have access to Tv choice (which is unusual (but not taking the chance even though it says subscribed)) but since ive got the M package i no longer have Music for knowt which was a good thing and i dont have any channels basically im paying nowt for the box as its just freeview threw virgin lol im only paying for my phone and internet know... But there is one good thing i can still laugh my arse off at most haunted as thats free through catchup tv as thats all i ever used living for.. smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 5th Dec 2008 9:34pm
Is the paranormal channel on Virgin? Ive been watching that a lot since it launched, have been loving watching "Strange But True" again, and "Arthur C Clarke".

Some fasinating documentaries on there that may well interest you Lee.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 5th Dec 2008 10:28pm
We were on Virgin's 4meg package and decided to move down to 2meg as the download speed was never gonna make it that high. Plus we stopped getting tv with them about a year ago - bought a Humax PVR. But to be honest the most tv I watch now is through BBC iplayer and 4onDemand.
Posted By: Rhobit Re: Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 6th Dec 2008 8:57am
Originally Posted by MissGuided
We were on Virgin's 4meg package and decided to move down to 2meg as the download speed was never gonna make it that high. Plus we stopped getting tv with them about a year ago - bought a Humax PVR. But to be honest the most tv I watch now is through BBC iplayer and 4onDemand.

Well if you or any of the guys/gals have any problems with the TV or Telephone (primarily, if it's BB I can get somebody else to have a look at it) Either PM me with your email aliases or house number and postcode or telephone number and I'll get it sorted best I can.
Posted By: Mark Re: Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 1st Jan 2009 9:43am
Originally Posted by Tony_1985
lol. i have given Virgin the 2 fingers too

now they are trying to bill me for the equipment. they can shove that too

Be careful
If posted about this one in another topic.

Originally Posted by Mark
Originally Posted by Mark see first post
Update : I sacked off Virgin last December 15th.
Contract canceled in full Jan 15th.

They arranged with me a time 5pm + 15th Jan to pick up my BOX.
They didn't show. x2 peeps in the house.

They Turned up for my Box today raftl
I told him it was in the BIN, as i had been told that i could.
But i hadn't thrown it in the bin.

After a Bit of slagging off Virgin, as yu do. ( I do now lol)
The Guy said that virgin are Charging Peeps £250 for
none returned boxes. So i went into one saying it should
have been picked up in early jan.

Anyway, i really couldn't be arsed with virgin and gave
him the box as it was useless to me.

And got a receipt.

So even though i had left them they still tried to screw me. somad

Moral of the story.
Unless you have Evidence to Bin the Box for them not turning up.
Be prepared for the debt to be sold on and a whole load of problems.

Full Topic Click Me
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 4th Jan 2009 7:41pm
yeah, the box is gone. just waiting for the bill (as above)
Posted By: Mark Re: Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 4th Jan 2009 7:53pm
The box is gone ?

You mean they come and collected it or you got rid of it?
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 4th Jan 2009 8:13pm
sorry, its been collected
Posted By: Mark Re: Well virgin can have my 2 fingers.. - 6th Jan 2009 12:34am
Well you saved your self a fine i say wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral