Forums
Posted By: benjim Elonex One - 8th Aug 2008 12:29am
pre ordered mine heres some info and a link : -

Elonex ONE

the UK's first

sub £100 laptop

The vision of the ONE

Introducing the Elonex ‘ONE, the UK’s first sub £100 laptop. Aimed primarily at the Education Sector, the ONE is an ultra-portable laptop that gives wireless access to internet, eMail, word processing, spreadsheets, and MP3s.

The vision of the ONE project by Elonex is for every child in the UK to have their own laptop. With computing playing such a huge part of modern day life, it is essential to familiarise children with ICT from an early age and to show them the vast range of tools and resources available to them.

As well as being a subject in its own right, ICT is a common thread that can be used in every subject across the whole curriculum. In the 21st century it is an essential that ICT is taught as a fundamental skill which then can be used to improve a child’s learning, to offer a more engaging and interactive education, and to equip the next generation with the skills they need to excel in the business world.

http://www.elonexone.co.uk/
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Elonex One - 8th Aug 2008 8:16am
They look all right but with everything in the screen and not under the keyboard i.e. like a laptop.. I recon after a certain ammount of use with kids of today it'l break. Im not saying it will but just think about it.. smile They look intresting if i brought one id hack it to shreads and try and get 2000 on it or something laugh
Posted By: DavidB Re: Elonex One - 23rd Aug 2008 10:05am
There are those IEEE things, which are tiny, but fairly pointless. They are like big mobilephones.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral