Forums
Posted By: MattLFC MTV Fined £255,000 - 4th Jun 2008 8:42pm
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
MTV has been fined £255,000 for breaking broadcast rules with persistent swearing before the watershed and an instance of homophobia and racism.

Ofcom recorded a list of breaches of its Broadcasting Code between June 2006 and September last year on TMF, MTV France, MTV UK (now MTV1) and MTV Hits.

Numerous viewers complained during the period, the regulator said, despite its warning MTV about previous breaches.

Severe swear words were found to have been used across the MTV-owned channels on several occasions from as early as 9am.

One viewer complained that racist and homophobic text messages, in French, were displayed on MTV France in a late-night programme called Belge Chat. They included the message "Immigrants are going to f**k your mother".

A TMF trailer for Totally Jodie Marsh, broadcast during the day, included the sentence: “I just don’t want you settling down with some f**king w**ker from a modelling agency."

Absolutely disgusting, the stupid thing is, everything they do on this channel is to appeal to kids, their viewer ages are actually very young, and they know it!!

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MTV Fined £255,000 - 5th Jun 2008 12:14am
bad that noonoo noonoo
Posted By: SoundLad Re: MTV Fined £255,000 - 5th Jun 2008 7:50am
I hate MTV its not the same anymore.. My Sweet Sixteen omg nono spoilt little brats.. who you could slap silly cause there so cheeky..
Posted By: AR_One Re: MTV Fined £255,000 - 10th Jun 2008 3:19pm
I cancelled the music channels a while back as none of them seemed to actually have any music on them any more...........
Posted By: MGCraig Re: MTV Fined £255,000 - 10th Jun 2008 4:51pm
Hear Hear...Music Television???

No Music to be found anymore
Posted By: DavidB Re: MTV Fined £255,000 - 12th Aug 2008 7:03pm
It ws a crappy music channel. It is now some horrible channel to promote a load of horrible Californian people.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral