Forums
Posted By: DavidB Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 6:51pm
I didn't want to join the hype of pre-ordering and queuing for hours at midnight, but I really can't find the bloody thing anywhere!!
Does anyone know who still has it in stock?
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 6:53pm
i managed to get it from argos tried every were for it on wednesday every were else sold out dam good game as well
Posted By: DavidB Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 6:58pm
Wah! It's shut!
Posted By: Waddi Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 7:01pm
PS3 or XBOX 360?
Posted By: DavidB Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 7:11pm
xbox360 smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 7:36pm
tried tesco/asda?
Posted By: Waddi Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 7:39pm
is it flashed?
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 7:42pm
Originally Posted by WADDI
is it flashed?

if it aint, i wouldnt advise it lol
Posted By: Waddi Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 7:45pm
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin
Originally Posted by WADDI
is it flashed?

if it aint, i wouldnt advise it lol

Why not, other that legal issues.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 7:48pm
mate got his xbox live account banned for piracy and his xbox is flashed and was playing flashed games... it's the only thing he said he had been doing that he was banned for...

http://www.360-gamer.com/news.asp?id=949

apparently it's just a ban from xbox live but y would u want an xbox and not have the online facility?! hehe
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 7:50pm
Yep, both Microsoft and Sony will bank the MAC code on the consoles from being able to access their online services.

If im not mistaken, it isnt actually a mac code as such, but a hardware authorisation serial number, that cant be altered by flashing as its not contained on an EEPROM.

smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 7:50pm
Never heard that before, but I have no experience if LIVE, so cant comment really.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 7:51pm
live is purely the online services, ie: gaming, video store, etc etc i think
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 7:56pm
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Microsoft implements a number of different security measures on its Xbox Live service. One of these takes the form of a proactive security check that assures that only unmodified machines may access their service. On May 17, 2007, Microsoft ceased permitting consoles with modified firmware from accessing Xbox Live. According to Microsoft, consoles with firmware of unknown origin, quality or intent were banned permanently from Xbox Live. A Microsoft representative indicated that the action was taken to assure "the integrity of the service and protect our partners and users."

Recently, individuals have bypassed these firmware security checks using custom firmware (e.g., the iXtreme firmware) which prevents detection of alterations, effectively "stealthing" the modification. It is possible, however, that this is still detectable, and hence leaves open the possibility of future bans.[35]

It has been discovered that pretexting has been used to impersonate an Xbox Live user for the purposes of malfeasance. Microsoft has implemented greater security in an effort to decrease the service's susceptibility to social engineering.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_live

smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 7:57pm
I know what it is, just never used it. I remember that when My brother had an original size ps2 and it was chipped, when he bought a network card for it, it wouldnt connect to the server.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 8:56pm
i have it for the 360 tease
£55 if your really really really want it tease

sorry im being cheeky
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 8:57pm
lmfao is it really not that good? or would u buy it again and treat urself to a couple of pints with ur profit? lol
Posted By: Wheels Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 9:00pm
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin
lmfao is it really not that good? or would u buy it again and treat urself to a couple of pints with ur profit? lol

[Linked Image] lol
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 2nd May 2008 9:09pm
LOL, u goin on CoD at all mate?
Posted By: DavidB Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 3rd May 2008 9:19pm
Got it from Gamestation in Liverpool. I was going to wait a couple of weeks and buy it second hand, but thought I'd get it anyway.
Was 45 quid, but 58 with the strategy guide and 500 gamer points (which I'll probably never use, but what the hey).
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 3rd May 2008 10:25pm
` its on ebay chief! 40 quid wink as well as manhunt 2 which was banned from being sold in the shops.
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 4th May 2008 7:49am
Try woolworths, they had loads in the Heswall the day it came out, even though on the radio it said most shops had sold out!
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Where can I get Grand Theft Auto IV? - 4th May 2008 7:54am
i no asda in eport was getting a load in yesterday so i would try them as well
© Wirral-Wikiwirral