Forums
Posted By: MattLFC BBC News 24 & BBC World To Be Renamed - 14th Apr 2008 2:23pm
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
BBC News 24 and BBC World are to be renamed BBC News and BBC World News on April 21.

Studios and idents will both be made over as part of a £550,000 rebranding package design by Lambie-Nairn.

Mark Byford, deputy director general and head of journalism, said the moves were aimed at emphasising the unified BBC News brand across different services. News output should "stand out clearly, loudly and simply for what it is", he said.

Byford compared the BBC News branding with that of its rivals in an interview with The Independent: "Sky News, CNN... that's it. But with the BBC we've got News 24, we've got the Ten O'Clock News, we've got so and so. No! It's all part of one connection which is the BBC News family."

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: BBC News 24 & BBC World To Be Renamed - 14th Apr 2008 5:43pm
good way to spend 550 k!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: BBC News 24 & BBC World To Be Renamed - 14th Apr 2008 5:44pm
That's what I was thinking... why didnt they just drop the 24 bit from the EPG and logo and stick News at the end of the world logo. It's not really rocket science is it!!

I could have offered a far cheaper solution then that!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: BBC News 24 & BBC World To Be Renamed - 14th Apr 2008 5:45pm
And I notice also that the license fee has just gone up...

smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: BBC News 24 & BBC World To Be Renamed - 14th Apr 2008 5:57pm
What a load of shit
Posted By: jonah Re: BBC News 24 & BBC World To Be Renamed - 14th Apr 2008 7:20pm
Originally Posted by Auditastic
good way to spend 550 k!

of our money might i add..... mad somad
Posted By: MattLFC Re: BBC News 24 & BBC World To Be Renamed - 14th Apr 2008 10:28pm
I can't really complain atm hehe shifty
Posted By: Sanchez Re: BBC News 24 & BBC World To Be Renamed - 14th Apr 2008 10:52pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
I can't really complain atm hehe shifty

How come >?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: BBC News 24 & BBC World To Be Renamed - 14th Apr 2008 10:56pm
Now ill let you into a little secret
Or you may already have worked it out anyway...

Look, there is a reason for this.
If you read between the lines.
Can you see what I am on about?
Everyone has one but me right now.
N its just the way it is.
So right now I can't really complain.
Even you can understand this yeah?

smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: BBC News 24 & BBC World To Be Renamed - 14th Apr 2008 11:12pm
you watch your tv through your pc, hmmm, isnt a lcd classed as a tv though ?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: BBC News 24 & BBC World To Be Renamed - 14th Apr 2008 11:13pm
lol mad ed
© Wirral-Wikiwirral