Forums
Posted By: IzzZzzY New lappy.. halp - 21st Mar 2008 1:11pm
Just got a new laptop, Dell Inspiron 1526..

Anywho, its got a bluetooth thing on the front of the laptop, but ive no idea how it works.. anyone with this laptop know how i use it ?

Thankies smile xXx
Posted By: Mark Re: New lappy.. halp - 21st Mar 2008 1:21pm
Just turn on the BlueTooth, it should be linked up with the wifi button normally.

Once the blue tooth is working, turn your phone on and pair them,
they normally auto run and prompt along the way smile
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: New lappy.. halp - 21st Mar 2008 1:34pm
The wifi is running, but there isnt any options for the bluetooth.. so confused lol
Posted By: SoundLad Re: New lappy.. halp - 21st Mar 2008 1:35pm
Some laptops are either Wifi or Bluetooth enabled.. If your using your WiFi then bluetooth wont work..
Posted By: MattLFC Re: New lappy.. halp - 21st Mar 2008 1:37pm
Or if their like mine, they just dont do either, even though the buttons are there for them.

Lol.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: New lappy.. halp - 21st Mar 2008 1:40pm
although i had a Bluetooth light on the Laptop it never worked cause it never had bluetooth built in just Wifi.. I even tried to install the Bluetooth software that was on the Laptops CD-Rom but it never worked cause it was only Wifi Enabled so it looks like your laptop is only wifi enabled izzy happy.. Or it might disabled in the Bios (if it exists as i do not know Dell laptops) ...
Posted By: LukeORourke Re: New lappy.. halp - 22nd Mar 2008 4:19am
i have the same laptop with the same problem frown
Posted By: Colgo Re: New lappy.. halp - 22nd Mar 2008 8:35am
I presume you are running vista,open control panel from the start menu then open bluetooth devices then click the hardware tab. If no hardware is shown you aint got the bluetooth card
Hope this helps
© Wirral-Wikiwirral