Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Yet Another ITV Phone In Scam - 20th Mar 2008 6:42pm
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
ITV is to refund around 50 viewers who phoned and texted premium rate lines on a repeat show from four years ago.

The episode of People's Court was broadcast on ITV1 at 2.45am on Monday and included messages asking viewers to phone and text to choose a winner.

ITV today admitted around 50 people made wasted calls because a warning message was missing.

The news follows a wave of revelations about incorrect use of premium-rate lines, many relating to high-profile ITV shows. Broadcasters have promised to stop it and Ofcom is consulting on tough new regulations.

One viewer who phoned and sent texts to the People's Court lines was Tom Defty, from Chelmsford. In the past he took part in phone-ins regularly, he said, and had hoped to regain his confidence.

"They said they had taken steps to ensure nothing like this would happen again," he told Digital Spy.

I think enough is enough, the government and/or Ofcom ned to start doing their jobs and ban TV phone-in's.

mad

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Yet Another ITV Phone In Scam - 20th Mar 2008 6:50pm
Yer the biggest scam ever was those Game show Channels.. With those stupid questions which you could never get a right answer althought if you did your math you where right i hated them big time..
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Yet Another ITV Phone In Scam - 20th Mar 2008 6:55pm
Bid Up TV and AuctionWorld were also scams imho.

I think AuctionWorld got forced "off the airwaves" so to speak by Ofcom in the end due to the insane number of complaints.

As for the gameshows, they would ask a question like 1 + 1 + ?? But then it would be a totally rediculous random answer, nothing to do with the correct answer of 2...

So it was anyone's guess!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral