Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Virgin Considers Selling It's TV Channels - 3rd Mar 2008 8:45pm
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
Virgin Media is considering selling some or all of its television channels, according to reports.

Consultants firm Goldman Sachs has apparently been called in to oversee a review of Virgin Media Television, the cable operator's content arm.

Channels that could go include Living TV, Bravo and Sit Up but the most likely subject of a deal is said to be Virgin's half of UKTV.

However, this would be complicated by the change-of-control rights of BBC Worldwide, which owns the other half. It could block any sale or ask for money to approve it.

When NTL merged with Telewest, previous holder of the UKTV share, it was such an obstacle that the deal was significantly restructured. The merger was structured as a reverse takeover, with Telewest taking over NTL rather than vice versa, as had been the plan.

Some reports say the BBC could bid for Virgin's half, avoiding the problem, but others believe it would be limited by its £350m borrowing cap.

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: Mark Re: Virgin Considers Selling It's TV Channels - 3rd Mar 2008 10:15pm
The slide continues
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Virgin Considers Selling It's TV Channels - 3rd Mar 2008 10:37pm
Yer get the BBC to buy it and take the Stupid adverts off maybe up the TV Licence ? (NOT)
Posted By: Waddi Re: Virgin Considers Selling It's TV Channels - 4th Mar 2008 9:02am
SKY should buy them. Then charge virgin the world to broadcast them. Lol

I tell you what, I'll go see my bank manager today, see if I can consolidate all my funds and equity, and I'll put a bid in.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Virgin Considers Selling It's TV Channels - 5th Mar 2008 1:17pm
Originally Posted by SoundLad
Yer get the BBC to buy it and take the Stupid adverts off maybe up the TV Licence ? (NOT)

BBC Worldwide are not the same as the BBC... they are a part of the Beeb, but BBC Worldwide uses content produced by the BBC and then pay's them to use it, and take's nothing off the license fee revenue.

It's basically a way for the BBC to ensure they can make good use of their production's across the world and extended use in the UK, whilst making a small profit to put back into corporation funding, whilst retaining full control over the right's and uses of the content.

smile
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Virgin Considers Selling It's TV Channels - 5th Mar 2008 1:36pm
ahhh happy thanks for the heads up mate..
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Virgin Considers Selling It's TV Channels - 5th Mar 2008 1:38pm
no problemo, easy enough mistake to make. Not many people know lol smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral