Forums
Posted By: Pomp Elonex ONE the UK's first sub £100 laptop - 28th Feb 2008 7:28pm
Originally Posted by elonexone
The vision of the ONE

Introducing the Elonex ‘ONE, the UK’s first sub £100 laptop. Aimed primarily at the Education Sector, the ONE is an ultra-portable laptop that gives wireless access to internet, eMail, word processing, spreadsheets, and MP3s.

The vision of the ONE project by Elonex is for every child in the UK to have their own laptop. With computing playing such a huge part of modern day life, it is essential to familiarise children with ICT from an early age and to show them the vast range of tools and resources available to them.

As well as being a subject in its own right, ICT is a common thread that can be used in every subject across the whole curriculum. In the 21st century it is an essential that ICT is taught as a fundamental skill which then can be used to improve a child’s learning, to offer a more engaging and interactive education, and to equip the next generation with the skills they need to excel in the business world.

[Linked Image]

To view elonex website Click Me

Posted By: MattLFC Re: Elonex ONE the UK's first sub £100 laptop - 28th Feb 2008 7:31pm
Interesting stuff... nice find Pompalicious!
Posted By: Garry_St Re: Elonex ONE the UK's first sub £100 laptop - 28th Feb 2008 9:42pm
i have been looking at getting some lower priced laptops for the year7 kids at my school interesting....
Posted By: chiccy Re: Elonex ONE the UK's first sub £100 laptop - 28th Feb 2008 10:25pm
oooh thats good innit!
Posted By: Wheels Re: Elonex ONE the UK's first sub £100 laptop - 28th Feb 2008 10:26pm
my mum wants a new laptop, but cheap as chips any ideas?
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Elonex ONE the UK's first sub £100 laptop - 28th Feb 2008 10:47pm
Looks intresting that laptop.. But id have to hack it and see if it'l take Win2k haha!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral