Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Windows 7 Will Feature Touchscreen - 19th Jan 2008 9:19am
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
Windows 7, the successor to Microsoft's PC operating system Windows Vista, is to feature touch-screen technology, a Microsoft team member has stated.

Previously codenamed Blackcomb and Vienna, Windows 7 will also, according to Bill Gates, include "a pervasive typing line that will recognise the sentence that [the user is] typing in".

Given the success of the Nintendo DS and the way its touch-screen has allowed new possibilities for gameplay, this promised feature could open the doors for a whole new way of gaming on the PC.

Hmmmm its a step forward in some respects, but will only really work if we are all using tablets by then; for the usual desktop and notebook market's, it will have very little, if any, advantages over current control systems.

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Windows 7 Will Feature Touchscreen - 19th Jan 2008 12:27pm
good find though matt

like you said, will only really take off if we all go out and buy tablets when its released

but then again, i've used touch screen PCs before at work, and they aren't all they are made out to be
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Windows 7 Will Feature Touchscreen - 19th Jan 2008 1:07pm
I work in the CO-OP and they have touch screens for the Tills... The ammount of times ive had to re-calibrate the screen is unbelivable and the only who knows only how to do it smile There also very horrible as well you really have to finger the screen to get it to work. Everyone in work says you'l break the screen. I go no i wont cause its protected LOL.. Ahh welll!!!!!!
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Windows 7 Will Feature Touchscreen - 19th Jan 2008 3:03pm
Will be a money pit for insurance companies.

Heavy handed people will be breaking screens and all sorts.
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Windows 7 Will Feature Touchscreen - 19th Jan 2008 3:27pm
another thing for them to screw us all over
© Wirral-Wikiwirral