Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Blu-ray Future In Tatters - 14th Jan 2008 9:33pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Owners of Blu-ray DVD players may find themselves frozen out of future developments in the technology because their machines are not upgradeable.

The Blu-ray camp has recently rolled out new features for players, which include picture in picture options.

But the majority of Blu-ray players sold to date do not have the necessary hardware to offer the features.

Some discs already come with a note telling users that they may need to upgrade software in their machine.

BBC News Report
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Blu-ray Future In Tatters - 14th Jan 2008 9:35pm
So glad i don't own one, wait a few years then upgrade when everything is offered at a fair price.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Blu-ray Future In Tatters - 14th Jan 2008 9:39pm
If I were forced to pick a format, it would be HD-DVD. However neither actually interests me much, HD is not the be all and end all of television like manufacturers would like us to believe; hell I can still quite happily watch things recorded on to SVHS when my Sky+ had problems!

So long as its watchable, clear etc, it is good enough for me! And the vast majority of people! I dont want to see Gary Linekers ever-increasing wrinkles on MOTD thank you very much!!

Imho, IPTV is the future of television. And there will never be enough capacity to stream HD resolution IPTV content...

smile
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Blu-ray Future In Tatters - 19th Jan 2008 4:11pm
THe only think that interests me at the minute is the flexible screens, made from some new technology.

HD TV - Nar
Blu-Ray - Nar

As Matty said if i can watch it i'm happy.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Blu-ray Future In Tatters - 19th Jan 2008 8:50pm
I still prefare DVD and VHS smile HD-DVD , Blu-Ray doesnt intrest me to be honest..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral