Forums
Posted By: MattLFC BBC Dominates In Christmas Ratings War - 27th Dec 2007 2:27am
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
The BBC comprehensively won this year's Christmas ratings battle, taking nine out of ten places in the Christmas Day top ten.

The most-watched programme of the day was EastEnders, which managed a massive 13.9 million viewers for the culmination of a long-running storyline at 8pm. Last year's most-watched programme was The Vicar of Dibley with just 11.4 million.

A festive edition of Doctor Who featuring Kylie Minogue had a very strong showing, with an average of 12.2 million and a peak of 13.8 million. Other BBC successes included a new episode of To The Manor Born, with 9.8 million, Shrek 2, with 9.1 million, and a festive Strictly Come Dancing, with 7.1 million.

The Queen's Speech averaged 7.5 million viewers, comprising 5.9 million watching on BBC One and 1.6 million on ITV1.

ITV1's top-rated programme of the day was an hour-long Coronation Street, which averaged 8.9 million from 8.30pm. Its next best performing show was Emmerdale with just 5.8 million.

Im not surprised the BBC won tbh, but they absolutely trounced ITV, I didnt expect them to do quite so well!

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: SoundLad Re: BBC Dominates In Christmas Ratings War - 27th Dec 2007 10:52am
Go BEEB! Dr Who was fooking top notch.. loved the episode.. Cant wait for Torchwood in the new year yay!.. happy
Posted By: MGCraig Re: BBC Dominates In Christmas Ratings War - 27th Dec 2007 7:05pm
how dare they not mention Nemo.....first time i ever saw it....and it was immense
Posted By: Mark Re: BBC Dominates In Christmas Ratings War - 27th Dec 2007 8:32pm
ITV may be waiting to pull the New Year Rating ??
Who knows.

To be fair, corry was crap.
Posted By: chiccy Re: BBC Dominates In Christmas Ratings War - 27th Dec 2007 9:17pm
thb havent sat down to wach the tele lmao.... devoed i missed corrie an easties tho .....hmphhhh
Posted By: Brummy_Ben Re: BBC Dominates In Christmas Ratings War - 28th Dec 2007 12:45pm
eastenders was great i was glued to it ! doh

loved it all kikin off as they drag that stacy n max story out for soooo long !!! frown
Posted By: chiccy Re: BBC Dominates In Christmas Ratings War - 28th Dec 2007 8:23pm
it was long wasnt it thats y i was devoed not seein it hehe x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral