Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Discovery Joins The Picnic - 24th Dec 2007 4:49pm
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
Discovery Networks UK has signed up to provide a factual channel on Sky's pay digital terrestrial TV service Picnic.

The Discovery Channel would be available to Picnic customers between 6am and 6pm daily if the service is approved by Ofcom. A public consultation on the proposals from Sky to remove its free TV channels from Freeview in favour of launching its own pay TV offering closed on December 14, and the regulator is expected to announce its decision early next year.

"We’re delighted to welcome the Discovery Channel to the Picnic TV line-up," said Picnic managing director Jeff Hughes. "The addition of the channel to the service demonstrates our commitment to give families the opportunity to receive a better choice of TV through their aerial. With access to leading content brands such as Discovery, we are confident consumers will respond to the quality, value and increased choice the service offers."

Great news, I honestly hope Ofcom can see the good of the service Sky are planning to offer with this.

Personally I will be ditching my satellite service and getting Picnic with broadband and phone if they allow it, Sky Sports is all I need sky for really.

smile

Digital Spy Report
© Wirral-Wikiwirral