Forums
Posted By: Davey_Martin just bought a new tv :) - 9th Dec 2007 9:13am
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

got it with a black glass stand for £1k - mine and the missus xmas to eachother.... went on the card obviously LOL

wanted an LG one but the one we both liked wasnt guaranteed to come in stock before xmas so we got the toshiba one we both liked and will be in the store on tuesday smile

well happy lol
Posted By: SoundLad Re: just bought a new tv :) - 9th Dec 2007 9:37am
thats nice that smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: just bought a new tv :) - 9th Dec 2007 9:46am
step up for huge (cased) 37" previous tv... not sure if it's rear projection but it's just enormous... too bulky
Posted By: Sanchez Re: just bought a new tv :) - 9th Dec 2007 5:01pm
were do you live mate smile !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Brocks Re: just bought a new tv :) - 9th Dec 2007 5:47pm
I think the Missus has ordera 40" Sony for me for Chrimbo sorry laugh
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: just bought a new tv :) - 10th Dec 2007 8:48am
lol sanchez... scotland tease

i like the sony tv's - was looking at a bravia before but they never had any in stock at the places we went to and the sony shop in town was a joke for prices
Posted By: Wheels Re: just bought a new tv :) - 10th Dec 2007 12:23pm
i have a 48in Toshiba. tis great! smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: just bought a new tv :) - 10th Dec 2007 2:11pm
hehe missus wouldnt get any bigger - had trouble getting her to get anything more than 37 in due to the size of the tv and her room :| lol

wot model is ur tv mate?
Posted By: chiccy Re: just bought a new tv :) - 10th Dec 2007 2:51pm
ooooo tiz niiiice smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: just bought a new tv :) - 10th Dec 2007 4:19pm
go n pick it up tomorrow... should be good smile lol
Posted By: Mark Re: just bought a new tv :) - 10th Dec 2007 4:30pm
My Uncle got the 52" LG

There Huge, but you need a big room to take it in smile
There pretty good, the stand in your picture is the one
that he has too, its easy to set up.

My Uncles is the plasma, is yours plasma too?
His comes with a new "Screen" So its not glass anymore.
Hence we were between us easily able to lift it on to the stand.
He got a DVD Surround with it too wink Sounds awesome.

Hope you enjoy yours too Davey.
At the end of the day there all the same inside.
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: just bought a new tv :) - 10th Dec 2007 5:13pm
mm nice tv
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: just bought a new tv :) - 10th Dec 2007 6:54pm
Originally Posted by Mark
My Uncle got the 52" LG
My Uncles is the plasma, is yours plasma too?

mines LCD as plasma tv need to be "recharged" every 5-6 years and i would expect a TV in this day and age to last out the time

Originally Posted by Mark
At the end of the day there all the same inside.

so not true tease

while few companies actually make the LCD screen, there's so many variations and all have pros and cons like everything... im sure i will enjoy it smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: just bought a new tv :) - 10th Dec 2007 10:02pm
Plasma doesnt need to be "recharged" every 5-6 years, whoever told ye that shit needs shooting. Its a myth that was around about 10 years ago when they first came about, and has never had any truth in it.

They have a lifetime of around 20,000 hours, just the same as LCD's, in fact Plasma's are actually more likely to last longer then LCD's.

Personally, I am shocked that people are still happy to pay £1000+ for LCD's or Plasma's in this day and age... next year we will see the launch of SED's and on the smaller screens, we should see OLED's, both of which, well SED's in particular, will render LCD's and Plasma's obsolete. SED's just pi$$ over both LCD and Plasma!

Plasma's are now resigned to the bargain basement by manufacturers, and LCD's are made in such high quantities, they are dirt cheap!

Personally, if I wanted a massive screen, id get the biggest HD Ready LCD I can buy for under £500 (bear in mind 37" LCD's can be picked up for £350 nowadays) and wait until SED's hit the market to pay a high price.

And actually Samsung make summit like 80% of LCD panels fyi. It's them being the main OEM supplier for LCD's that is one of the major reasons they are the 5th biggest company in the world.

wink
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: just bought a new tv :) - 10th Dec 2007 10:13pm
well i do apologies know it all lol...

the recharge thing, everyone has said it when i looked into buying a tv before...

Originally Posted by MattLFC
And actually Samsung make summit like 80% of LCD panels fyi. It them being the OEM supplier for LCD's that is one of the main reasons they are the 5th biggest company in the world.

like i said "few companies" - i never said any particular company

and as for paying £1000+... im paying £1000 WITH stand lol... so more of a £1000-
Posted By: MattLFC Re: just bought a new tv :) - 10th Dec 2007 10:35pm
These people didnt mention words like gas and the like when they told ye it needs to be recharged did they?

smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: just bought a new tv :) - 10th Dec 2007 10:37pm
yea... and after researching some more i have found it's a load of bollox... never had any reason to doubt it in the past tho... hence not googling "plasma recharge myth" until now
Posted By: MattLFC Re: just bought a new tv :) - 10th Dec 2007 10:37pm
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The lifetime of the latest generation of plasma displays is estimated at 60,000 hours (or 27 years at 6 hours of use per day) of actual display time. More precisely, this is the estimated half life of the display, the point where the picture has degraded to half of its original brightness. It is watchable after this point, but is generally considered the end of the functional life of the display.

I myself have been corrected, im somewhat out of touch with Plasma technology nowadays as its considered an obsolete technology, but the modern panels have a lifetime of 60,000 hours rather then 20,000 hours lol.

No wonder OLED's arnt deemed viable at large scales yet! grin
Posted By: MattLFC Re: just bought a new tv :) - 10th Dec 2007 10:39pm
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin
yea... and after researching some more i have found it's a load of bollox... never had any reason to doubt it in the past tho... hence not googling "plasma recharge myth" until now

Lmao, I thought so, I dunno where people get this idea from, I suppose its cos Plasma's use Xenon gas inside the screen. The amount of times I see this being posted on different forums is hilarious, but I remember my dad drilling it into me about it being untrue a few years back.

When I think about it logically, I know people who have had plasma's for longer then 6 years nowadays!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral