Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Nintendo Looks Set To Remove Wii Ads - 8th Dec 2007 4:28pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Nintendo is considering pulling UK television advertising for its popular Wii console in the run up to Christmas because it is battling to meet demand.

It said that holding back adverts until 2008 would be a "responsible" move.

It now expects to have sold 17.5 million of the consoles worldwide in the year to March 2008 - up from the 14 million it had earlier forecast.

Nintendo is likely to use its advertising slots to promote its handheld DS console, analysts say.

Originally Posted by BBC News
Globally, the firm is able to make about 1.8 million of the Wii consoles every month.
But it said that the demand had been "unprecedented and higher than Nintendo could ever have anticipated".

"We are doing everything possible to supply continued levels of stock and meet demand as quickly as possible," the spokesman added.

"As we are keen to act responsibly we are potentially looking at moving some advertising on some products into early 2008."

I can see their point exactly, to be honest, I was expecting it to happen anyway, there is little point in further promoting a console that is already struggling to meet demand and has as much public awareness as Coca Cola atm lol.

BBC News Report
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Nintendo Looks Set To Remove Wii Ads - 8th Dec 2007 11:19pm
Yeah, good idea, cas everytime I see their adverts I just want one more and more.

Same with the DS.

Think I'll be buying them both after christmas think
© Wirral-Wikiwirral