Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Microsoft Opens Up Vista To Pirates - 5th Dec 2007 11:50pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Microsoft is to withdraw an anti-piracy tool from Windows Vista, which disables the operating system when invoked, following customer complaints.

The so-called "kill switch" is designed to prevent users with illegal copies of Vista from using certain features.

But the tool has suffered from glitches since it was introduced with many Windows users claiming that legal copies of Vista had been disabled.

Microsoft says its efforts have seen a drop in piracy of its software.

In a statement released by the company, Microsoft corporate vice president Mike Sievert, said: "Users whose systems are identified as counterfeit will be presented with clear and recurring notices about the status of their system and how to get genuine copies."

Lmao, I think this is more to entice Pirates to use Vista rather then in response to customer complaints.

Microsoft know Vista sucks and they realise that Pirates also know it! By removing this tool, it opens up Vista for more piracy, which in turn, Microsoft hope will increase take-up of the operating system.

BBC News Report
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Microsoft Opens Up Vista To Pirates - 6th Dec 2007 12:06am
I think its hillrious.. got vista on DVD installed it for an hour and then reformatted. Never again!..
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Microsoft Opens Up Vista To Pirates - 6th Dec 2007 12:08am
Lmao raftl
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Microsoft Opens Up Vista To Pirates - 6th Dec 2007 1:09am
lol i downloaded vista only to play windows live (which apparently is only compatible with vista) - but my dvd burner packed in so have never got round to it
Posted By: Mark Re: Microsoft Opens Up Vista To Pirates - 6th Dec 2007 6:26pm
Its only because its the underworld of piracy will launch a product and be tested to the max. People wont pay for a un trusted and un proven product.

I would buy it in years to come, once the "Feed back" supported it as a product.

I do pitty those that have to use it.

Strange i'm not hearing any real HYPE this Christmas about vista.

where has the WOW gone lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Microsoft Opens Up Vista To Pirates - 7th Dec 2007 9:43pm
nono

© Wirral-Wikiwirral