Forums
Posted By: Waddi Half Price V+ box (£75) - 5th Dec 2007 10:58pm
Clicky clicky

V+ is virgin media's PVR STB, it has a triple tuner for recording 2 programmes and watching a 3rd, and has a HDMI output offering HDTV, albeit limited HD channels at present.

Originally Posted by Digital Spy

Virgin Media has cut the price of V+ installation for the Christmas period.

From now until December 31, customers may get the V+ high definition personal video recorder installed for £75, half of the usual £150 fee. Installs booked before December 12 are guaranteed installation by December 24.

"With so much going on at Christmas, people can miss out on the telly they want to watch," said James Kydd, managing director of marketing and brand at Virgin Media. "All our customers have access to On Demand – just like a video store in your front room that never goes out of stock - and Virgin Media's V+ box gives customers the added freedom to control their own TV schedule. What more could you want this Christmas?"

Clicky clicky
Posted By: Waddi Re: Half Price V+ box (£75) - 10th Dec 2007 1:09am
Scam alert.....

Parents are with VM and are on the 3 for £30 package that proberbly 80% of the other VM customers are also on. My Dad phoned up to get the V+ for £75 and was told that he was ineligible for it because he was already taking advantage of a money saving offer. bollox.

Im glad I chose Sky.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Half Price V+ box (£75) - 10th Dec 2007 1:25am
Wtf is the point in that. An advertised offer such as this should be available to all customers! It doesnt say anything in the terms:

V+: Installation fee is £75 (usually £150) for new V+ customers. V+ subscription is included with TV size: XL. There is a £5 a month charge for TV size: M and L.

General: Equipment remains property of Virgin Media. Free servicing and repairs excludes misuse/mistreatment. Installation charges apply (starting from £30). Installation before Christmas is subject to survey and us obtaining any required permissions (e.g. landlord's permission on rental property). Payment handling charge of £5 for non-DD. Payment may be required in advance. All prices include VAT. Information correct at 11/07. Calls may be monitored. Offer ends 31.12.07.

Cheeks fooks they are!
Posted By: Waddi Re: Half Price V+ box (£75) - 10th Dec 2007 1:36am
was quote of the VM website Matty,

Did you notice it also advertises:

Broadband, Phone & TV with our V+ Service
£35.00 a month

Installation: £75 (usually £150)
Plus, if you're a new customer you also get our £30 online discount.
Join now

Thats TV size L, Phone Size M, Broadband size M.

which is the 3 for £30 deal, then an extra £5pm of he V+ service because as you have already quoted

V+ subscription is included with TV size: XL. There is a £5 a month charge for TV size: M and L.

Cheek of them.

My parent get the same 3 for £30 deal, but then opt to upgrade to XL TV for an extra £4.50pm. which would make the V+ service free.

So what VM are really saying is that you can have a V+ box half price if you are going to pay the extra £5pm.

Posted By: Waddi Re: Half Price V+ box (£75) - 10th Dec 2007 1:37am
I think Im gonna have to get on the blower to them.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Half Price V+ box (£75) - 10th Dec 2007 1:50am
I can't see legally how they can decline your parents. The terms of the offer makes absolutely no mention whatsoever of them not allowing people on "promotional" packages.

If they decline it again, contact the ASA.
Posted By: Mark Re: Half Price V+ box (£75) - 10th Dec 2007 4:34pm
ASA ?
Do you have a link there watson?
Posted By: Waddi Re: Half Price V+ box (£75) - 11th Dec 2007 1:32am
Advertising standards agency maybe?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Half Price V+ box (£75) - 11th Dec 2007 2:44am
That is correct!

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral