Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Gran Tourismo Screenshots... - 29th Oct 2007 2:22pm
This look amazing...

Posted By: SoundLad Re: Gran Tourismo Screenshots... - 29th Oct 2007 3:08pm
That does look good.. Life like.. laugh
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Gran Tourismo Screenshots... - 29th Oct 2007 4:26pm
nice
Posted By: Waddi Re: Gran Tourismo Screenshots... - 31st Oct 2007 2:01pm
imho biggest if not only reason to get a PS3 over an XBOX 360 Elite. (Blueray aside)
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Gran Tourismo Screenshots... - 31st Oct 2007 3:27pm
while i like the ps3 i would never pay the price they are asking... that's where the 360 will always beat it... and u really arent getting much more for ur money
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Gran Tourismo Screenshots... - 31st Oct 2007 3:47pm
To be totally honest, they arnt all that impressive anyway. Think about it realistically, PC's were doing graphics almost as beautiful as this 3 years ago, console gamers think their lovely because of the high use of "standard" PC GPU technologies like AF and AA combined with moderate use of motion blur etc on some of the screens, but in reality, there isnt anything there that an X800 probably couldnt achieve, and that graphics card was released about the same time as I bought my laptop, which was over 3 years ago now!

Im running a Mobility Radeon 9700 (about the same performance as a desktop 9500 Pro), and once I whack the AA upto 4x and the AF upto 8x, I can render pretty clean graphics, very similar to them, on the likes of Rallisport Challenge, at 1024x768 no problem, and needless to say, the GPU is considered ancient haha!

Okay, its very refined compared to what console gamers are used to, but not at all impressive to me as a PC kinda guy lol.

I question Waddi's comment about buying a console just for graphics, I would pay the money for a Wii for the fun and gameplay, fook would I pay £300+ for a console just to look at graphics lol.

Id rather wait to see what the reviews and have a go of the game myself to see if the gameplay is actually any good. Sony seem to spending all their time on marketing the PS3 on big powerful hardware rather then developing it as a game console, so theres no reason why this wouldnt rub off to the games themselves. Make it look good and it should sell.

smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: Gran Tourismo Screenshots... - 31st Oct 2007 3:48pm
PS3 is now £299 same as the XBox 360
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Gran Tourismo Screenshots... - 31st Oct 2007 3:56pm
The £299 model comes without PS2 compatibility (it lacks the hardware required), no flash card reader, only two USB ports, and only a 40GB hard drive... so its like buying half a PS3 really.

Its a really crap comprimise to be honest.

smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: Gran Tourismo Screenshots... - 31st Oct 2007 4:58pm
no PS2 compatibility is crap.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Gran Tourismo Screenshots... - 31st Oct 2007 11:55pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
The £299 model comes without PS2 compatibility (it lacks the hardware required), no flash card reader, only two USB ports, and only a 40GB hard drive... so its like buying half a PS3 really.

Its a really crap comprimise to be honest.

smile

my 360 cost £309 i think for the core package with king kong and pgr3.... however, to play on xbox live i had to buy a yrs gold membership £40, had to buy a hard drive £60 i think, had to buy wireless G £60, cant remember wot other bits io had to buy to get it fully up and running on xbl but to be fair, ms basically did wot sony have finally decided to do... except i got games with mine and it was still playable for the money i paid... just not online which i think is where and always has been the main aim of the 360
© Wirral-Wikiwirral