Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Microsoft Gives In To EU Ruling - 22nd Oct 2007 3:34pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Microsoft has finally agreed to start complying with a European Commission 2004 anti-monopoly ruling against it.

The commission said the US firm would now "comply with its obligations".

The software giant was ruled to have shut out rivals from its Windows operating system to gain a larger share of the market for web servers.

It will now give third party program developers access to information that will allow them to make systems interoperable with Windows.

It will also substantially cut the fees it charges for such data.

EU Competition Commissioner Neelie Kroes said she had secured the agreement following a phone call to Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer.

Maybe now the EU will go after Apple, who are just as bad as Microsoft...

BBC News Report
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Microsoft Gives In To EU Ruling - 22nd Oct 2007 7:59pm
yer smile i was thinking that when i read about it.. At the end of the day Microsoft create an Operating System for End users.. End users have rights to own a Copy but not actually Own the OS they are allowed to use it and do what they please but this just basically means the EU are allowed to edit there Version and send it out to peeps whats stopping idiots from puting there shite in it and distrubuting it that peeps dont want i.e. Microsoft Windows XP SP2 with full installation of Open Office ?? You get the picture...
Posted By: Wheels Re: Microsoft Gives In To EU Ruling - 22nd Oct 2007 9:06pm
yer UE is great smack happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral