Forums
Posted By: Pomp New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 30th Sep 2007 7:09pm
Details of this virus:
IMG-0012.zip (img0012-www.photostorage.com)
Size: 25,600 bytes
MD5 hash: d799d8ffd0c98af60507b98e2961b826
Detection: Backdoor.Win32.SdBot.bxr (Kaspersky)
( http://www.cisrt.org/enblog/read.php?162 )

Quote from someone who has it:

"My computer is infected with virus that I got from the msn messenger.

Information about the virus:
-The virus is showing in the messenger the following sentence:
“wanna see the pics from my vacation? “
-the virus is leaving a dump in the in c:\windows as a zip file pict-xxxx.zip for example: “pict-8439.zip” when unzipping it : img0012-www.photoshare.com

I read about this virus and I was told to delete it from the registry"

Quoted from: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070929083037AA1VBBL

How to Remove!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 30th Sep 2007 7:13pm
Lol hardly an MSN virus, you have to accept any file that is being transferred, so any file transferred can potentially contain a virus wink
Posted By: Pomp Re: New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 30th Sep 2007 7:17pm
yeh but still once u open the file it gets sent to all ur contacts an then once
they open it spreads to their all their contacts.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 30th Sep 2007 7:23pm
You have to be stupid enough to let it through tho lol.
Posted By: Wheels Re: New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 30th Sep 2007 7:31pm
POMP------>[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

MATTY---->[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pomp Re: New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 30th Sep 2007 7:42pm
ye but still lettin peeps know the warning lol.
I had one through b4 sayin: Is it you??? cant remember who sent me it...

So i downloaded it scanned ir for viruses an nothing came up so i unziped it
an the file looked dodgy so i deleted it.

Then did a search on google, typed in the name an then add "virus" then i found websites about it.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 30th Sep 2007 7:43pm
Simple: Only have people on your list who you know and trust, and only accept files that you know what they are. If in doubt, ask questions before even thinking about accepting.

thumbsup
Posted By: Pomp Re: New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 30th Sep 2007 7:50pm
The file did come from someone i know tho lol so i assumed it was safe, therefore downloading it.
After downloading it i relised it was an unknown file (called itself a Ms Application) to me
so i deleted it. I work with zip files so am not in doubt of them lol but whats inside i am always
abit iffy. I mean i could put pics in a zip file an send ye it lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 30th Sep 2007 7:51pm
Let that person know that they may be infected with summit. And didnt you ask as to what it was they were sending lol??
Posted By: Pomp Re: New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 30th Sep 2007 7:57pm
It says:

"Is it you??" blahdy blah so i assumed it was pics tease

Am not affected by this virus by the way lol jst so ya know. If i do sent ye the same msg lad (Matty)
let us know incase i did catch the lil shit.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 30th Sep 2007 7:58pm
Ohh sDbot who ever has that virus has there computer Compromised by a DDOS Drone which means there will be a hidden doctored mIRC clinet hidden within the persons computer given full access i hope the person doesnt do there Online banking on the computer cause then she will have to be very cautious and check every transaction made and bet there computer is running very slow indeed she/he needs to remove that soon otherwise they might get monitored via the ISP for miuse as it will most probly used for Denial of Service attaks (DDOS) so tell your friend to get it seen to soon as smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 30th Sep 2007 7:59pm
lol will do haha
Posted By: MattLFC Re: New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 30th Sep 2007 8:00pm
Originally Posted by SoundLad
Ohh sDbot who ever has that virus has there computer Compromised by a DDOS Drone which means there will be a hidden doctored mIRC clinet hidden within the persons computer given full access i hope the person doesnt do there Online banking on the computer cause then she will have to be very cautious and check every transaction made and bet there computer is running very slow indeed she/he needs to remove that soon otherwise they might get monitored via the ISP for miuse as it will most probly used for Denial of Service attaks (DDOS) so tell your friend to get it seen to soon as smile

ISP's never do jack shit about DoS attacks originating from their users/network. They just advise (about a week after you make a report) you to null route all traffic to your affect IP's etc... Which you have already done anyway!!

frown
Posted By: Pomp Re: New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 30th Sep 2007 8:06pm
Ye i'll let em know soundlad happy
Posted By: Mark Re: New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 30th Sep 2007 9:21pm
Thanks for sharing Pomp
Not all visitors are computer literate and not aware of the potential risks smile

Keep them coming pomp if you have any more,
sharing makes us all wiser.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 30th Sep 2007 10:35pm
lmao @ whelan

I have auto-accept on my msn, so anyone can send me shite while I'm away lol.

I used to write little crappy trojans that allowed me to control peeps computers through typing commands on msn.

ahh those were my distructive childhood days lol
Posted By: SoundLad Re: New MSN virus: IMG-0012.zip - 1st Oct 2007 10:23am
LOL the best was mIRC it was so easy to exploit espically people who used 6.0 to 6.2 as you could knock people off the server via a DCC Exploit lame i know but it was handy for idiots happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral