Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Scandels Trigger Phone-in Slump - 28th Sep 2007 3:02pm
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
Successive controversies have seen the number of people taking part in television phone-ins nearly halve, according to a survey.

Research by consultants Oliver & Ohlbaum Associates found that 43 per cent of people who used to participate have now stopped.

Another 20 per cent said they had significantly reduced their involvement, it said.

The survey follows accusations of dishonesty by numerous programmes. This week Ofcom fined GMTV £2 million for allowing people to enter competitions they could not win.

Oliver & Ohlbaum estimated the cut in users meant a drop in income from £400 million to £120 million.

The report added: "Until this summer, participation TV was the golden goose for free-to-air television networks which had seen their traditional advertising revenue come under pressure."

Meanwhile, another report by Mott MacDonald Schema, a management consultancy, showed 89 per cent of former premium rate phone-in users had lost confidence in them.

Well, what did they expect to happen?? I am amazed anyone even bothers to phone in now!!

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: Mark Re: Scandels Trigger Phone-in Slump - 28th Sep 2007 3:28pm
Ive never done a phone in i cant see the attraction to be honest.
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Scandels Trigger Phone-in Slump - 28th Sep 2007 3:56pm
i can understand why people ring in to the game shows and compertitions they want something they never can affored but am the same as mark never rang in to one my self
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Scandels Trigger Phone-in Slump - 28th Sep 2007 3:57pm
Ive rung in them, but only the 10p ones on BBC and only a couple of times in my life.

Havent for about 2 years though.

Wouldnt even consider these ones that wanna charge you 50p upwards to enter a lame ass competition lol.
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Scandels Trigger Phone-in Slump - 28th Sep 2007 4:03pm
no what you mean mate all just a big con
© Wirral-Wikiwirral