Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Apple Issues Warning To Unlocked iPhone Users - 26th Sep 2007 12:54pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Apple has warned that anyone attempting to unlock their iPhone to use with an unauthorised mobile network could find their phones irreparably damaged.

The company said that modified mobiles would become "permanently inoperable" once Apple updates were installed.

It follows a flurry of hacks claiming to unlock the phone, which is tied into the US AT&T network and O2 in the UK.

Apple has denied that it is "doing anything proactively to disable iPhones that have been hacked or unlocked".

I think it so fookin cheeky of Apple, the robbing barstard, you pay £269 for a phone with an 18 month contract, you should be allowed to do what the fook you want with it, if you want to use it on another network, who are Apple to say you cant!!! Its not their hard earned cash that you are spending. I mean come on, they shouldnt be selling the phone if in reality the phone remains their property (if they are dictating what you can and cannot do with it once you have bought it, it may as well be their property).

BBC News Report
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Apple Issues Warning To Unlocked iPhone Users - 26th Sep 2007 12:57pm
100% aggreed with you there matty what right does Apple have to lock the phone ? None what so ever so good on the hackers who will eventually get a decent unlock for it...
Well to be honest matey, I can understand Apple and o2/AT&T locking the phones, because o2 and AT&T have paid millions to Apple for exclusivity deals. So this is quite fair.

But since the unlocking of phones is not illegal, if someone wants to go to the trouble of unlocking it, it should not be Apple's place to prevent them from using it in the future.

If its unlocked, its fair enough. Its just Apple trying to play the "big i am" and costing users more money if they find theirs is broken, no doubt Apple will offer to repair them for people... at cost of course.
yer smile basically apple are saing Unlock it and youve lost your warranty and gurantee... Still not right though heh!
Its not that, thats fair enough again as you accept they wont cover it under warranty. This is standard with all mobile phone manufacturers.

The problem is, they are saying that it will not work in the future with software updates etc...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral