Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Digital TV Now In 84% Of UK Homes - 21st Sep 2007 5:24pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Digital television is now installed in 84% of UK homes, according to the latest research.

It marks a 13% increase since 2006 - the biggest year-on-year increase yet.

Digital terrestrial is now the most commonly used platform on main TV sets, available in more than 9.1 million homes.

Satellite - both pay monthly and free-to-view - follows closely behind, with a presence in 9 million homes.

The total number of homes with cable television also continued to rise, with more than 3.4 million subscribers at the end of June.

Maybe now, it is time for the likes of ITV and BBC, to stop fooking wrecking their schedules for the likes of Rugby and Football, and place any major events onto the likes of ITV2 and BBC3 (or even BBC2).

I am sick to death of everything being kicked out of the way for the likes of Rugby and football.

I mean, if they put the Rugby World Cup onto ITV2 instead, its only gonna cost a Rugby fan a tenner in Tesco to buy a DTT set top box.

And as for fooking football, I, like many football fans, have Sky Sports for that, and whats wrong with using secondary channels.

I just hate the way that one of them gets a major sporting event, and all of sudden nothing else matter and is kicked out of the schedule.

I wouldnt mind, but its the things they kick out of the schedules that keep these companies afloat and the public happy with them, they should value them a LOT more then the odd sporting event they get rights to show.

BBC News Report
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Digital TV Now In 84% Of UK Homes - 21st Sep 2007 6:51pm
I agree
© Wirral-Wikiwirral