Forums
Posted By: SoundLad Internet Explorer 7 and Adobe Flash - 11th Sep 2007 9:43pm
Ive had no trouble with Internet Explorer 6 and Adobe Flash but with Internet Explorer 7 and Adobe Flash it works one minute then the next it doesnt and sites which use this say Install Adobe flash or java etc.. Ive uninstalled Flash, java and reinstalled em cause it was either but still Internet explorer 6 and flash work fine but number 7 it doesnt... My g.f uses IE i use firefox so i have no issues. But it is strange to say the least.. Anyone else had this issue???
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Internet Explorer 7 and Adobe Flash - 11th Sep 2007 9:50pm
Nope, mine works sweet.

Adobe software can be bitchy at times.

Maybe you shouldnt be running IE6 and IE7 on the same system; flash and Java are probably confused over which they should be serving.

wink
Posted By: Mark Re: Internet Explorer 7 and Adobe Flash - 11th Sep 2007 10:08pm
I kinda use both as in FF and IE7 and mine seems ok lee?
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Internet Explorer 7 and Adobe Flash - 11th Sep 2007 10:21pm
yer could be right there matty.. I'll give it a go never really thought about it to be honest..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Internet Explorer 7 and Adobe Flash - 12th Sep 2007 12:33pm
Swap to Linux or OS X ..No compatability problems.

But I would say that!!!...... thumbsup

Posted By: MattLFC Re: Internet Explorer 7 and Adobe Flash - 12th Sep 2007 12:38pm
You can't run Internet Explorer in Linux or OSX
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Internet Explorer 7 and Adobe Flash - 12th Sep 2007 12:54pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
You can't run Internet Explorer in Linux or OSX

I didn't suggest running MSIE in Linux or OS X......I suggested swapping to Linux.

Anyways.... You "can" run MSIE under either or both...Although why would you want to...????
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Internet Explorer 7 and Adobe Flash - 12th Sep 2007 1:25pm
I aint come across a Linux OS yet which meets my needs.. Im very picky and OS X ??? Mac's suck donkey butts never liked em never will dont even like the OS it takes over the computer and i dont like that smile Like a Norton OS laugh But thanks for the advice guys appriciated smile No joy with that matty still does it.. Maybe i need to format it as it hasnt been formated since 2005 smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Internet Explorer 7 and Adobe Flash - 12th Sep 2007 1:31pm
The question is, why would anyone in the developed world, want to run Linux? I have yet to find a distro (ive tried many including Lindows, Mandriva, CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, RHEL) that is anything better then a half hearted attempt at a home OS but completely fails in actual user-friendliness.

Linux is only good for one thing; making people like me lots of money.

And you need a Mac to run OSX, which is the only bad thing about it, otherwise it would be a real contender to Windows.

And why would anyone want to run IE on Linux... exactly, it would be full of bugs galore, due to lazy amateur coders that are Linux GUI coders.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Internet Explorer 7 and Adobe Flash - 12th Sep 2007 1:48pm
Definitions of 'forum'

forum (n.) a public meeting or assembly for open discussion.

I think you are missing the point.....My first post was laying the joke on me......You are the one getting a little OTT!!

I just commented that a swap to Linux would be a good move thumbsup Open Source..Free Support...Free updates and best of all no fat cats geting fatter at our expense...!!!

Yes I do run Linux happy...and OS X happy(And even MS XP) cry, Allthough not Vista..... thumbsdown

To conclude, maybe our rantings and whinnings should more be aimed toward helping Lee and his G.F. find a solution to their Windoze problem.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Internet Explorer 7 and Adobe Flash - 12th Sep 2007 2:04pm
Lee
Just a thought coffee

Is the machine free of spyware....Malware etc...

Could be worth running a check???

Posted By: SoundLad Re: Internet Explorer 7 and Adobe Flash - 12th Sep 2007 2:27pm
aye done all that.. I think i'll format the fu**er and not Upgrade to Version 7 of Explorer cause thats when the problem started.. Anyway off to work catch yous all after.....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral